Chapter Three

Three

They started the movie after about half an hour of argument. They couldn't decide what to watch the girls refused to watch a horror and the boys refused to watch a romantic film. So they finally decided on an action packed fast paced film. Jess got the popcorn and her mum made juice up and made a tray of different snacks. She was a chef at the fanciest restaurant in the city and therefore made very excellent snacks and meals which Jess and Jake loved.

Their dad, Elliot had arrived from work during the movie. He had short brown hair and wore a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up with his tie loose and black trousers with leather shoes. He worked as a business man for an electronic company which always made Jess and Jake pleased because it meant they received a lot of free gadgets and gizmos to test out so they didn't complain. He greeted the boys and took his supper upstairs to his study where he would do yet more work. He filled out contracts, travelled everywhere around the world promoting and looking at different electronic ideas it was rare that he was ever home.

They pressed pause on the remote to stop the film for a while until their parents were gone. Larissa kissed Jess and Jake on the cheek then went upstairs to her room to do some reading of her recipe books for ideas on some new foods for the restaurant. Jake moaned that he didn't want her to kiss him in front of his mates especially with him being 16 years of age but she didn't listen and she just ruffled his hair laughed and went upstairs.

Now Jake was even more embarrassed his cheeks reddened and he scowled at her back as she walked upstairs. He sorted his hair mumbling angrily and pushed Jess off her beanbag for laughing. She shouted at him then kicked the back of his knees so he fell to the carpet then forced him down on his front then she held him down then sat on him and Arianna joined in by sitting on his legs whilst Jess sat on his back. He called for help, as he lifted his head from the carpet and wriggling to break free from the girls who had now grasped his arms behind his back firmly, but Brendan and Jason were too busy rolling about laughing to help. They actually ushered the girls off him rolled him on his back he looked up gleefully because he thought they were helping but he was wrong. They grabbed his arms and legs and lifted him and started swinging him from side to side. Jake tensed up and struggled but their grip was too strong. They then let go and threw him on the sofa with a thump.

He was stunned as he lay on the sofa blinking. He sat up and then he stood up quickly and he ran after them and grabbed them. He used his shoulder to shove the girls onto the sofa and wrestled with Brendan and Jason forgetting the very skilled talent they showed in the garden. He got beat well and truly.

He grabbed Jason's shoulders and rammed him to the ground without Jason paying attention but as soon as they fell Jason was ready for action a strange feeling welled up inside him. His insides squirmed then pumped and took over. Barely realising what he was doing, he grabbed Jake's shoulders and using his body weight rolled him over onto his back so he was on top with one knee resting on the fluffy rug. Now he was the one with the upper hand. He jabbed his other knee against Jake's stomach, Jake let out a cry and a gasp as the air was knocked out of him, Jason also kept his knee slowly putting pressure onto Jake's already winded stomach whilst pushing against Jake's hands forcing them back down to his sides. His face was full of concentration. Then Jake yelled,

"Stop, ok, ok, you win! Can you please get off me now?"

Jason couldn't hear his pleas something had taken control, he was not letting his guard down. Jake yelled and Jason's eyes changed from being harsh and cold to that of shock and confusion and he shook his head and rolled off Jake and crouched beside him while Jake caught his breath. Jason stood up and held his hand out to help him up without saying a word. He had never lost control quit like that before not during a joke, it was like he hadn't been himself.