Shintaro Midorima

"You know, most of the girls here seem pretty interested in playing this game and are giving it their best. It's the guys that are really bringing things down." Displeased by most of the turns thus far, Riko searched for a way to ensure things would be more interesting. "What if you guys made this some sort of contest? We can have the girls rate their turns once it's over and then see who does the best?" Though she knew her idea wasn't the best, Riko was willing to give it a shot. Without moving from her spot, she gestured towards Midorima. "The next player is going to be you. You get to test out my plan."

"Fine." With absolutely no expression, Midorima rose from his spot on the floor and grabbed the hand of the girl seated nearest to him. He stopped only long enough for you to stand before continuing into the supply closet and shutting the door. As soon as you were both inside, he released your hand and dropped to the cold floor.

A little agitated by his attitude, you sat down right in front of him so he'd have no choice but to look at you. "I could be totally wrong about this, and I really hope that I am, but, I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that you're not at all interested in playing this game with me."

Completely ignoring what you'd said, Midorima narrowed his eyes and focused them directly on yours. "When were you born?"

"What?" His odd question made no sense to you. "Why would you ask me something like that? What exactly does my Birthday have to do with this game, or any other game for that matter?" Sure this couldn't be a legitimate question, you raised a questioning brow. "Are you just trying to stall?"

"No." Annoyed that you hadn't simply answered his question, Midorima shook his head, then explained. "I want to know your Birthday so I can figure out what your zodiac sign is. Mine is Cancer."

His explanation left you with more questions than answers. "I still don't know what that has to do with anything." For reasons you didn't quite understand, you found yourself not wanting to give out the information he requested. Thus far, he had been rather short with you, so it wasn't as if you owed him any favors. "It doesn't seem all that important to me, so let's just forget about it for now and move along, shall we? We're running out of time, and fast."

Growing slightly upset by your unwillingness to give out something as simple as your date of birth, Midorima's brow twitched. "It is very important. If you're a Gemini, Aries, or Sagittarius, there's really no point in us even playing this game." Crossing his arms over his chest, Midorima looked down at you and scoffed. "I simply want to know if I'm wasting my time by being here."

"Are you serious?" Hardly able to believe what you were hearing, you hung your head and sighed. "I'm just going to throw this out there. You put way too much faith in the stars." Immediately noticing his displeased look, you tried to sugarcoat what you were saying just enough to keep him from leaving. "I mean, sure, there might be some truth in all that Zodiac stuff, but not wanting to hang out with someone because of their star sign is just crazy."

Though he wasn't at all happy with what you'd said, Midorima forced himself to remain calm. "I suppose I shouldn't expect everyone to understand."

"I agree. We've all got our thing, and we can't force that thing on anyone else." Even though the turn hadn't gone as well as you had hoped, you were determined to at least steal a kiss from him. Inching closer, you rose to your knees and placed a hand on either of his shoulders. "If you really need to know my sign, I'll tell you, but only once the game is over and only if I get a kiss."

Midorima snorted at your suggestion. "Once this game is over, I won't have a need to know your sign."

"Fine, I won't tell you then. I'm still going to kiss you though." True to your word, you tightened your hold on his shoulders, hoping it would keep him from dodging you and quickly pressed your lips to his. Despite giving you a hard time from the very beginning, there was no denying that he kissed back. Pleased with your small victory, you ended the kiss and smiled triumphantly. "I guess that'll have to do for now."

A second later, there was a quiet rapping at the door. "Time's up. I'm coming in now." The moment Riko opened the door, Midorima stood up and stormed out of the closet, leaving you behind. "From the looks of it, there's no reason for me to even ask this. I'm still going to though. On a scale from one to ten, how many stars would you give your turn?"

"None." Weakly pushing past Riko, you groaned at the very mention of the word. "I don't even want to think about stars anymore."