Chapter 03

I know you say you know me.  Know me well.

"So you're telling me that, that slap was the product of a grudge over ten years old?" Odette asked.

Katie and I looked at each other and smiled then nodded our heads at Odette.  Currently we're sitting in Katie's living room with Odette, Chyler, and Melissa.  We just explained to them why Katie had slapped me.

But these days I don't even know myself.  No.

Chyler had laughed when Katie told them that I had just up and left.  When we asked her why she was laughing she just responded with a, "Yon don't seem like the type to leave, (Y/N)."

These people were by far the best people I had ever worked with.  The last show that I was a part of, I was only a part of it for a season and even then my character was killed.  It was Riverdale and the character that had killed my character was Hiarm Lodge because my character had made his daughter fall in love with her therefore costing him his ultimate goal of passing on the Lodge genes.  It was funny to watch the viewers get so attached to a character then get bad vibes from Hiarm.  What wasn't funny was the fact that when they killed my character everyone complained and started harassing all the other actors and actresses.

I always thought I'd be with someone else.

Katie and everyone else went into a conversation about something.  I wasn't paying attention much.  Just watching Katie laugh whenever someone made her laugh.

She has the most angelic laugh.  I want to hear it for the rest of my life.  Oh my God.  I'm still in love with her.  That's why my past relationships never worked.

I thought I would own the way I felt.  Yeah.

After a few more minutes of everyone talking they all left then it was just Katie and I.  "(Y/N), are you gonna be able to make it home?  You look really tired," Katie stated.

"Yeah, I'm fine.  I should be able to make it," I said with a yawn.  She giggled lightly as me as my eyes shuttered close.

I call you but you never even answer.

I woke up around two A.M.  Of course being somewhere new I flipped out for a solid three seconds until I calmed down.  When I did finally look around I noticed I was in a bed.  Katie's apartment only has one bedroom and she's not in here with me.  You little jerk, I think not.

I rub my eyes gently and get out of bed to walk towards the living room.  When I get there I find exactly what I expected to find: Katie sleeping on the couch very peacefully.

I tell myself I'm done with wicked games.

I smile at the sight before me and pick her up gently carrying her to the room I was sleeping in.  After setting her down on the bed carefully, I covered her up then.

I walk back into the living room and grab my phone from the coffee table to play games on it.  After what felt like ages the sun starts to shine in through the windows and I decide to make breakfast.  So I get up, walk to the kitchen, grab everything I need to make pancakes, and make some coffee along with mixing the pancake batter.

But then I get so numb with all the laughter. 

After successfully making eight huge pancakes, I run out of batter so I start cleaning the kitchen back up.  Just as I started drying the dishes Katie walks in with a yawn.

"What smells so good?" she asks after the yawn.  I laugh at her cuteness.

That I forget about the pain. 

"Pancakes.  I made you some and coffee," I reply.  I hand her a plate with four pancakes on it and a cup of coffee.

"Thank you, (Y/N/N)," she coos as she takes the plate and cup from me.  I smile at her and walk towards the table behind her with my cup of coffee and pancakes.

Whoa.  You stress me out.  You kill me. 

We eat in silence until she speaks up again.  "I was wondering how I ended up on the bed if that's where I put you last night."

"Well, you see there is this thing that some people have called insomnia and it happens to make people's mind not want to sleep.  It just so happens that I have it and I woke up like three and a half hours ago so when I knew I wouldn't be able go back to sleep so I got up, looked for you, and when I found you I carried you to your bedroom so you could sleep and I could make you this wonderful breakfast for when you'd wake up," I reply.  I got hit after the first sentence because I was being sarcastic.

You drag me down.  You fuck me up. 

"You're an asshole," she states.  "I would've stayed up with you if you would've woke me up."

"And that, my dear Katie, is exactly why I didn't wake you up from your precious slumber," I laugh as she hits me again.  "Ow!  You're gonna leave bruises on me, Katherine.  Stop it."

We're on the ground.  We're screaming. 

I stand up to run away from her and run all the way to her room.  When I finally think I got away from her, I get tackled to the bed with her on my back tickling me.  I try my best to flip us over but it doesn't work until finally she moves me to where she's on my stomach instead and I'm facing upwards.

She goes to start tickling me again but she changes her mind and slams my hands against the bed above my head.  She stares at me for a good few seconds before mumbling, "You've still got the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen."

I don't know how to make it stop. 

Before I could respond I felt her lips crash onto mine in a desperate kiss.  I kiss back immediately which is something that I've never done before.

What are you doing to me, Katherine Elizabeth McGrath.

I love it.  I hate it.  And I can't take it.

She pulls away after what seems like forever.  When she looks back at me her eyes are filled with an emotion that I can't read.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me.  I shouldn't have done that.  You probably don't even feel that way about me.  I should-" I cut her off with another kiss.  She seems to understand what I meant because I put all of my passion and love into that very kiss.  God, I missed her so much.

But I keep on coming back to you.

xxxxx

One more update of this one for tonight then I'm going to bed and I'll write more tomorrow while I'm at school.  Love you guys!!!