Heat Wave | Kurosaki Ichigo X Reader

Heat Wave (or Seducing Your College Roommate In 104° Weather)

...

You both sat on the polished, hardwood floor of Ichigo's bedroom and leaned your heads against the back wall, eyes heavy from exhaustion, sweating profusely, and your faces flushed from the rays of the sun. Even though you had towels draped across your necks, they still glistened with persistent fluids seeping from the pores of Ichigo's and your skin. You both had a couple bottles of water, which were nearly empty now and became sickly warm over time.

It was unbearably hot, with the treacherous heat wave that hit Karakura town. Ichigo and you sat in the middle of it, notepaper and college course books sprawled out between your legs. You meant to actually get something done, but after a jog in the blistering summer air, you weren't particularly up for the task at hand.

"So, are we going to get started or what?" You asked him between desperate gasps. You looked to him for an answer. He sighed deeply and swallowed, his sweat glazed throat bobbing as he did so.

"Yeah..." he answered quietly, his voice scratchy, and considerably deeper than usual. You looked down at the unorganized pile surrounding your tired legs and took another heavy sigh in reply.

"What are we starting with?" Ichigo asked after a short pause.

"I don't know... calculus I guess," You answered, lacking motivation in your tone completely. Ichigo let out another sigh. This time in contempt for the area of study.

"I'm going to get some cold water first. Do
you want one ?" He asked as he stood up.

"Yes, thank you," You replied pointedly. He lifted himself slowly, his plain-white, t-shirt clinging to his back as he stood. He stretched himself and groaned, reaching his arms up above his head. Before heading outside the dorm room he swiped some sweat that was dripping down his forehead and his jawline, using his t-shirt to do it. It gave you a glimpse of how incredibly toned he was. You already knew he was pretty fit and could tell by the muscle on his arms and legs, but you didn't think he would be so defined. You thought to yourself that he must be extremely athletic. You didn't exactly know his training regimen, and you didn't particularly care, but the evidence was apparent that he was a heavy trainer, and it left you just a little curious.

"Hitori" his deep voice snapped you out of your thoughts. You looked up at his face and hummed in reply. He raised one of his sharp, orange eyebrows-- the same color as his wild hair. "You're staring at me." At that moment you were grateful for the heatwave. You were sure a visible blush was easily hidden behind your flushed, red cheeks from the sun's ultraviolet rays. Thank god you decided on some five-minute cardio from the campus to your current location as well.

There was a silence between you that occurred due to your lack of reply. You opened your mouth to speak. "It's way too hot..." You tried to cover yourself. You decided internally that you were completely incapable of saving your own skin. You didn't think his eyebrow could raise anymore, but it did and his expression furrowed into a look of suspicion.

"I'm going to get that water now." He said, breaking the awkward tension in the room. He walked in the direction of the hall without saying another word. You turned your head away from him and heard the door open and close as his footsteps became mere murmurs behind the closed wooden barrier. You sighed deeply in relief.

"That was utterly embarrassing." You expressed your thoughts out loud. Inside you wondered if he thought you were staring because you found him attractive. Not that he wasn't attractive. He was actually quite handsome...

In a wild kind of way...

Like a cat.

Your mind wandered to the thought of his intensely jacked torso. He was so slim around the hips and waist, and yet he was so muscular everywhere else. Even his chest and shoulders we're pretty broad. Your brain kept replaying the same shot over and over again, sometimes in slow motion to emphasize his sweaty tanned skin, and every single muscle in his abdomen sculpted by an estimation of ten percent body fat. The several drops of sweat slipping down those perfect abs made them severely tempting.