The Note | Ishida Uryu X Reader

The Note (Or When Your Boyfriend Breaks Your Heart So You Sleep With Him)
...

Your brows furrowed in anger. He hurt you so much it felt like someone was stabbing you over and over again directly in the heart. It was late afternoon-- bordering evening, and you were still in bed. You curled your knees up to your chest, and lay in the fetal position, wearing a tank top and shorts. You didn't cry. You only thought really hard, wondering what it was that possessed him to do what he did.

Why would he turn on me because of pride? It is a selfish thing to do...

Shouldn't he feel the most prideful when it comes to me?...

Am I not good enough?

For months you got very little sleep, only doing so when your body couldn't take it anymore. Even now you lay in your bed, nearly sleep deprived and not able to close your eyes. Deep blue circles decorated your eyes as physical proof of insomnia. Your heart hurt like it had been stabbed over and over with a million deadly blows. Your throat started to feel like cotton and it scratched in irritation every time you swallowed. So you decided to go to the kitchen for a drink.

as you made it downstairs, you walked onto the tiled floor with your bare feet. You hissed at the cold against your skin and opened a cabinet to get a cup. You grabbed a green, plastic one and turned on the sink water. You filled the cup and guzzled the water down like it was your first time discovering it.

It was refreshing and satisfactory as it flooded your parched esophagus. You took a deep breath and exhaled after downing the entire cup, determined to let the last drop hit your tongue.

After standing there with your head up and your eyes closed, you looked to your right and found a stray bottle of sake on the counter next to you. It had a small square piece of parchment attached to it by a slim string. You lifted a curious brow at the foreign object.

Rangiku must have stopped by. She had been worried about my mental health lately.

You set the water cup on the counter and grabbed the sake, reading the note.

Feel better. It read with a cute smiley face in the bottom corner.

After reading the label, you grabbed a knife from the rack and edged the blade under the cap. After a small hitch, it popped off with ease. Then you took a swig straight from the bottle and grimaced at the bitter, burning sensation as it poured down and tingled along the way.

You drank the second round, but took in more this time, nearly drinking half the bottle. You walked to the living room couch with the sake still at hand and sat on the soft cushions. You sighed and gulped down some more. You could already feel the drink warming you up.

You breathed in a deep sigh and took in another.

There's nothing like good old sake to brighten the mood.

Your brain announced to you sarcastically.

Swig after swig, you drank the whole bottle until it was empty with only a single drop in the bottom. You twirled the bottle with the neck in your fingers watching the single drop race around with great interest.

You jumped abruptly as you heard the front door open and shut suddenly, and you sat up with a flash. The sound of footsteps grew closer. Your heart sped up, and a bead of sweat dripped down your forehead. You thought you had locked the door but the person walked right through as if it were their own home. You looked around the room for a projectile, at best a sharp one.

Damn, I left the knife on the kitchen counter!

With the sake bottle being all you had, you moved forward slowly, and as quietly as possible. The footsteps approached closer to the living room entrance, and a shadow of a man projected onto the wall. He seemed tall, the shadow stretching up and over the ceiling.