1

You had always enjoyed staying in on a rainy day, sipping on your steamy hot chocolate while watching some rom-coms, with the subtle pitter patter of the raindrops hitting the tiles on your roof, creating a warm ambience that you had always liked.

Giggling at the silliness of the main protagonist of the movie, you accidentally burnt your tongue and muttered profanities at your mistake. While trying to fight the numbness that was forming on the tip of your tongue, you thought about how crazily happy you were right now, without having the need to worry about anything (since it was a sem break) and mostly, relationship problems.

You had witnessed your friends' relationships, be it good or bad, and you sincerely thought that maybe, just maybe, being single was actually fine for you. You weren't desperate to look for the right guy, since - as cliché as it sounds - you can't force yourself to fall in love.

From the various cringe-worthy romance novels and endless nights of K-drama marathons, you claimed yourself to be an expert in the subject 'love', albeit not getting in a relationship before. You knew that when the time for you to fall in love comes, you would not be able to escape from it's grasp, just like how a hungry kid would hold onto his fried chicken, never letting it go.

Quirkyalone.

A term used to describe someone who enjoys being single and alone while waiting for the right person instead of dating casually.

Yup, sounds about right.

You were exactly that someone.

× × ×