Bonus

-

-

Four years later...

The sun was glaring mercilessly outside the second you stepped out of the door, making you sigh in defeat before turning back to put back the umbrella you had taken out. You muttered softly, slightly annoyed at the false weather report announcing that it would be a rainy day today.

Then off you were, towards your workplace in the heart of Seoul, to work as the Head Editor for a local newspaper after getting promoted a year ago. You loved your job, and you sure did appreciate your fellow diligent and obedient colleagues as well.

However, there was one thing which had never changed since four years ago...

"Until when exactly are you going to stay single?!" Your mum screamed through the phone speaker as you scanned your ID card on the gate, causing you to flinch at the loudness of her voice.

"Eomma! What's wrong with being single in this century?!" You whisper-yelled, cheeks flushing red as soon as your eyes made contact with the other workers who immediately looked away, pretending not to be eavesdropping. "Eomma, please. I'm working and am earning lots so I definitely don't need a man in my life."

You heard her scoff. "You know how embarrassing is it for me to not being able to-"

Sighing, you removed the gadget far away from your ear as you walked towards your designated office, greeting the secretary who bowed while wishing you a good morning.

A good morning indeed. You rolled your eyes mentally before answering your mum when she shouted at you to reply her.

"Are you even listening to me?!"

"Yes, eomma. I gotta go now. Remember to take your medications as per usual and don't you dare skip any meals! I love you, bye!"

"Wait-"

You hung up the call while plopping down onto the leather chair, and you made it turn a full three hundred and sixty degree before halting the action, with your eyes landing onto an old and wrinkly paper cup on the desk, now converted into a pen holder.

The memory of meeting the cute dimpled guy named Kim Namjoon was nothing but a vague memory now, and you released a long nostalgic sigh from your mouth when your eyes stared at the numbers written on the paper cup.

"So much for texting." You pouted before turning the cup towards the opposite side, not wanting it to face you as you started to flip through the mountains of files stacked on the desk, waiting for you to read through them.

You were lost in your world, working your head off since you believed in practicing the habit to finish everything work-related in the office itself before returning home. And hence that was why you constantly suffered from gastric pains, and unluckily for you, today was no exception either.