2

Ping!

Startled at the vibration made by your phone when a message came in, you halted your footsteps and fished out your phone.

Y/N!

Guess what? I got u a blind date and no, you're not allowed to run away this time. He's the son of a close friend of mine so if u are absent, you'd make me feel embarrassed. If u love me don't disappoint me. ;)

Will text u the venue ltr.

xoxo

- eomma -

Obviously annoyed, you felt anger rising up when you realized that your mother had set you up on another blind date. You had totally forgot that even though you were fine with being single, your mother shared the exact opposite opinion.

She was worried that you were still single and would not get married in the future.

Upset, you tapped on your phone screen angrily and waited for your mother to answer your call.

"Eomma!" You whisper-yelled into the speaker of the phone as you continued to walk, trying your best to ignore the glances thrown to you at the loudness of your voice. "How can you do this to me?"

"Do what?" Your mother feigned innocence, her tone stuck somewhere between evil and pure.

"Don't pretend that you don't know what you're up to, eomma. You know I don't believe in blind dates!" You hissed when you heard your mother giggle at the other end of the call.

"It's for your own good, you're getting older! Just go and meet him, okay? Just be nice to him and maybe befriend him okay? I don't need you to fall for him or something."

You rolled your eyes at your mother's unreasonable words. "I'm only twenty-three eomma! Is he that important?"

"Yes! Just go and meet him for my sake. He's waiting at-"

Your mother's voice got cut off when someone accidentally pushed you from the behind, causing your phone to take a huge leap from your hand and fall onto the concrete ground. It was an understatement that your heart shattered the moment you saw cracks on the screen on your phone.

"MY PHONE!" You shouted as you crouched down to retrieve your phone.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" A deep and hoarse voice appeared behind you, making you feel at awe at the perfect English pronunciation and mad at the culprit for breaking your phone at the same time.

"You-"

× × ×