Chapter 9

Things have been great these past few weeks, Dimitri has been treating me better. Matt and his goons have also gotten the memo and have been avoiding me. Dimitri have also been picking me up for school and back home so I don't have to walk. He basically became my shadow, following my every step. EVEN TO THE BATHROOM.

"Dimmy, stop it! I'm fine going in alone, you need to stop babying me! I'm not a baby!" I exploded at him and cross my arms as he tried to follow me to the bathroom again.

He pulls me in a hug and whisper in my ear, "But you are my baby." I immediately blush and push away from his hug as I hide my face in embarrassment. This is so embarrassing.

"But you need to give me some space, you are suffocating me. I can't breathe." I mumble and hang my head down.

He rubs his face with his hands roughly and look at me with apologies, "I'm sorry for making you feel like this baby. I will try to cut it down a little" He let go of me and motion for me to enter the bathroom while he waits outside like a normal human being.

We then head to the cafeteria together with his arm around my shoulders to queue for our food and look for Ginger. She is not difficult to spot with her crazy red hair and arms flailing around in the air. We put our tray down on the table and took our seat beside each other.

However, I was immediately pulled out of the seat by none other than Ginger. "Oh my god Dorey! You look so cute today!" She then proceeds to scream in my ear while I desperately try to push her away with my hands. I shot Dimmy pleading eyes to help me but he just stare at me with amusement, his palm under his chin. Betrayer!

I finally struggle my way out of the devil's clutches and plop down on my seat with a huff. Dimitri tried to wrap his arms around my waist but I turn my body away from him and cross my arms. I'm still mad at him.

"Aww look at this angry kitty" He tease me and tried to hug me again but failed. I turn my head away and ignored his stupid comments. Ginger then reach over to pinch my cheeks and join Dimitri with the teasing. How dare she side the enemy. I need new friends!

Dimitri then proceeded to drag me onto his lap which I reacted with a yelp. He nuzzles my neck with his nose and mumble his apologies to me. As I was about to push his face away from me, I felt him stiffen and tense.

"What is this?" He touches my neck with his finger and asked me lowly in a cold tone. I flinched a little and began to tremble in fear. What? What is it? Is he going back to his old ways again? Is he going to hit me again? As I was distracted by my thoughts, he turns me over to straddle him and yell at me. "Answer me! Who gave that to you?" He looks at me with anger and grab my arm which left marks from how hard he grips me.

I look at him with fear and unshed tears in my eyes that are threatening to fall any second. Everyone in the cafeteria stop what they were doing and look over at our table. Ginger was desperately trying to calm Dimitri down but to no avail. He then softens his eyes when he saw tears rolling down my eyes.

He then hugs me to his chest and whisper comforting words to me as I sob into his chest. Ginger help to gather up our bags as we walk out of the Cafeteria with me clinging to Dimitri like a koala.

We enter an empty classroom and Ginger left us to give us privacy to talk things out. He sat down on a chair with me on his lap as he strokes my back. I slowly start to recover from my sobbing session with soft hiccups and rub my eyes. Dimitri then wipe the remaining tears away and make me face him.

"Sorry sweetheart, I didn't mean to yell at you. I was just jealous." He cups my cheeks and gave me a soft kiss on my forehead. Jealous? Jealous of what? Or who? I voice out my question with a hoarse voice and he took out his phone to take a picture of my neck. He shows it to me and I saw the red mark that was left behind after I accidentally burn myself with my hair straightener this morning. He thought it was a hickey! But I'm surprised he only realise it now.

I gave him a soft smile and said, "I accidentally burn myself with the straightener today." He widens his eyes in shock and immediately hug me to his chest and yelling apologies. "I'm so sorry baby, I didn't know. I shouldn't overreact, I didn't mean to make you cry! I'm sorry. He begs.

I then try to calm him down by hugging him and telling him that it's okay. But he was still in hysterical so I decided to silent him with a kiss. He immediately shut up and kiss me back. Hmm chocolate mint. Wait, Chocolate mint?

I pull away and stare at him in disbelief. "It's you?".

Thank you @beachoutahere for the idea!

Updates will be a little slower cos I'm currently working a 12h shift. Please bear with me. 

Oh, and sorry for the cliffhanger ;)