Chapter 5...

Kawaii~Chan's P.O.V

Dear Diary,

Mum and dad were fighting again. I tried to stop them and instead got a gash under my eye. It's painful, but what can I do? There's nothing that actually get rid of that pain. Thankfully only a plate broke this time, and not anything important. My parents have been fighting a lot lately, and Dad's started drinking again. I'm really scared. Oh, and the presentation we did in school today went well. I also can't shake this feeling I have about Zane~kun. Every time he's around (which is a lot) my stomach gets all jumbled up and I can't say anything.

I guess this is bye for now.

Kawaii~Chan, 29th Nov, 2018

P.S: Mum's crying now and Dad is swearing. This is getting awful...

I place my diary down on my bedside table and switch off my light, trying to get to sleep. But the noise of the house is to much. I hear a bottle break down stairs and dad curse in frustration. Eventually, Mum's sobbing stops, and dad drops off to bed. I can still smell fumes of alcohol in the air though. I creep down stairs and survey the mess around me. A shattered plate and pieces of glass litter the stairwell. There is a wine stain on the carpet and some hair on the floor. Sighing, I bend down and start cleaning up. I can here my mother softly breathing from upstairs, so I move quickly and swiftly. I look at the clock. 4:00 am. Great another sleepless night. I change into my uniform and grab my satchel from the coat-rack. I head across to the park and sit on a bench, breathing in the cool night air. I feel for my phone in my pocket and yank it out, tapping a quick text to Aphmau~senpai.

Family crisis again, need your help ASAP!

Sorry Kawaii~Chan, I'm currently looking after my mum. Maybe Zane can help? You guys seem pretty close.

My cheeks go pink.

Ok Aphmau~senpaii, Kawaii~Chan will text Zane~kun.

I send another text to Zane~kun, and says he'll be there in 15 minutes.

When Zane~kun finally arrives, I'm curled up into a ball on the bench, my eyes drooping shut.

"Hey Kawaii~Chan, are you okay?"asks Zane~kun.

I jump, startled.

"Hi Zane~kun" I mumble, drawing my legs close to me to preserve my warmth. I can see the ice on my breath and my fingertips are frozen.

"Kawaii~Chan, what on earth are you doing out in this weather, and at this time!" he exclaims, worry in his eyes.

"K-Kawaii~Chan parents were fighting, and she couldn't sleep"I say, teeth chattering in the cold.

"Sh-she c-came out h-here for s-some peace and qu-quiet" I'm shivering now.

I think Zane~kun actually had to debate in his head what to do next.

To my surprise, he sits down next to me and puts an arm around my shaking, frozen body.

I lean my head into him as a warm glow spreads through my body.