Chapter 1

"We interrupt the scheduled program for an emergency announcement: please remain inside with doors and windows locked. Hide your family-"

I slammed my finger onto the power button on the remote.

"Those amateurs let him get out.... We're all screwed now; he's coming."

The shrill ring of the phone cut off my train of thought as I moved to answer it.

"Yes?" I muttered knowing who it was.

"We need you again." With that, the line went dead.

"Jeon Jungkook," I sang as I entered my spare room and threw open the door to my weapons vault, "you've been a bad bunny."

I slid my favorite guns into their holsters on either side of my waist and my dagger into its sheath on my thigh.

This is what I've been preparing for. I put Jeon Jungkook in prison a year ago with 172 counts of first degree murder. Needless to say, he got life in prison and these amateurs let him escape.

I tracked him for years, unable to capture him, he always let me get close though...very, very close. I'd have him in range to knock him out (the courts wanted him alive) but he'd always turn around and get me first or I'd lose him.

I'm good. One of the best, but Jungkook...he is the best. I come second on the worlds most wanted list, Jungkook naturally took first. The South Korean government had me captured and shipped to them from Russia since they couldn't contain me anymore.

I was the best in the Russian Mafia, but I never wanted to be the leader. I was the enforcer and his favorite guard. I didn't want the government looking for me anymore than they already were; think about it, when you're killing a snake, you don't stab it just anywhere, you take off the head.

I grabbed my two pre-packed bags filled with clothes, weapons, ammo and enough food to last me a month of hunting Jungkook down.

As I marched out of the door, I heard it. Not the cliche snap of a twig, nor the tick of a lock, not even the firing of a gun. I heard the inhale from the overhang of my front patio. It was sharp and cautious, as if they were bracing them-self, fully aware of the threat that I could pose.

He's here.

How is he here already? They kept me hidden three hours away from the prison.

The quiet exhale brought me out of my thoughts.

They did not bring me out of the mafia for this bullsh*t. I'm not dying because of someone else's screw up.

I got in my car and shut the door, immediately locking it.

A tree branch moved out off time with the rest that were swaying in the wind. There's more than one.

Wow, an assassin who works with others... huh. Didn't see that one coming.

Shifting, I saw it. The moonlight hit metal and sent a glowing flash of light in my direction, not blinding me, but definitely gaining my attention.

Three so far.

I put the car in reverse and as I pulled out, caught the sight of a red tuft behind a bush. The bush's flowers are purple.

Four.

My car was now fully out of the drive way and I see a tiny puff of smoke, similar to that of a cigarette, emit from the side of my house.

Five.

Reconsidering, I put the car into drive and drove down the street to turn out of the tiny neighborhood I lived in. I spotted gray wisps of hair on my passenger seat.

Six.

I looked out of my window at my house one last time to see six men standing in my driveway. Each with a mask of an animal on, Jungkook obviously with the cracked bunny mask.

Amateurs.

I began the drive to my headquarters, but realized about 45 seconds into the drive, none of the six men in my driveway had gray hair.

There are seven assassins after me, all working together, and one of them is in my car.