Chapter 8

Betty's P.O.V.

i got up and was in a good mood, which was surprising for me because i'm rarely in a good mood. i walked in to the kitchen and saw veronica drinking coffee.
"morning, v!" i exclaimed pouring myself a cup of coffee.
"what's got you in such a good mood?" she asked.
"i don't know, i just am." i responded smiling slightly.
"oh my gosh! did you and jughead, you know?" she asked.
"oh my gosh, no definitely not." i replied.
"okay. does this have to do with jughead? i haven't seen you in this good of a mood in forever." she told me.
"i'm just in a good mood, but he was very supportive yesterday." i said before walking in my bedroom to get dressed.
i got dressed in a grey crop top shirt, black ripped leggings, black leather jacket, black combat type of boots, and put my hair in a braid that was on my left side. i drove to the serpent's bar and went up to jughead's office. i knocked on the door and walked in smiling which seemed to be surprising everyone, including him.
"what's got you so happy?" he asked looking up from his computer and shutting it.
"i don't know, i just want to say thank you for being supportive yesterday and putting up with me." i told him walking closer to his desk.
"yeah, of course i wouldn't have missed it for the world." he replied.
"also, i want to learn how to ride a motorcycle." i said smiling.
"you want to learn how to ride a motorcycle?" he asked smiling back.
"well, yeah, but it's a stupid idea, for—." i started.
"then i'll teach you how to ride a motorcycle." he interrupted. "let's go."
he stood up and put his serpent jacket on and walked over to the door.
"wait, really?" i asked again.
"yeah, there's an empty area nearby and you can use mine." he responded coming away from the door.
"let's go then." i said leaving out the door.
he followed after me, but had to tell everyone he was leaving, so i just waited at the bar.

Jughead's P.O.V.

i went to tell fangs and sweet pea i was leaving and got a call from veronica on the way.
"veronica, hey." i said.
"hey. i'm not sure if betty got to the bar yet, but she seems in a good mood, which is not like her. i was just wondering if you know why." she replied.
"i'm not sure, she's here already and she hasn't insulted me yet." i told her.
"i think it might be because of you, jughead, you went with to her therapy and you're her first real boyfriend." she said.
"maybe, she keeps thanking me for coming." i responded.
"just take care of her, jug, she's been through too much." she told me.
"trust me, i will take care of her, veronica." i said before hanging up.
i told sweat pea and fangs that we would be gone and went out to meet betty talking to some guys at the bar, and they were looking at her in a way that made me a bit uncomfortable. i went over to her and put my arm around her.
"ready to go?" i asked.
"yeah, let's go." she said getting up from her bar stool.
we went outside and hopped on my motorcycle, i got on the front and betty got on the back with her arms wrapped around my waist tight.
we drove over to an open area with just sand and it was almost desert-like. we got off my motorcycle and betty was looking around at the flowers, cacti, and small critters.
"thought you wanted to ride a motorcycle not observe nature." i said making her turn around and giggle a little.
"we can do both. come look at this." she replied smiling then turning back to whatever she was looking at.
i came over to where she was and she had found a orange lizard. she picked it up and was looking at it pretty close to her face.
"i wouldn't hold it, it could bite." i told her.
"it won't. if it's still here by time we leave can i keep him?" she responded smiling.
that damn smile
it's hard to say no when she's in such a good mood.
"fine." i replied.
she smiled even wider then put the lizard back on the rock she found it on and continued looking around. i went to my motorcycle to get my phone and when i came back she was picking a flower. i came over to her and wrapped my arms around her with my head on her shoulder.
"you're so beautiful when you smile." i said making her smile.
"then maybe you should put me in a good mood more often." she replied.
"maybe i will." i said.
she turned around so she was facing me and put a flower crown she had made on me.
"there, now we're matching." she told me.
i didn't realize that she was wearing one as well until now, but we were both wearing flower crowns she had made out of flowers.
"thank you." i replied.
"vroom, vroom! i'm ready to ride a motorcycle!" she exclaimed taking a step backwards and putting her hands up.
we went over to the motorcycle and i showed her how each thing worked and it eventually came to the time where she knew everything and was ready to ride it. she got on the motorcycle and started it up, she started by driving around and she was actually really good.
"you look hot as hell riding a motorcycle." i said making her laugh.
when she laughed she accidentally made the motorcycle fall on its side and scraped her face against a rock. i ran over to where she was and she had a cut on her forehead going all the way down to her cheek and was bleeding bad.
"betty! are you okay?!" i exclaimed.
"i'm fine. is it bad?" she responded.
"it's pretty bad, we should probably head to he bar now." i said standing her up.
i took off my shirt, so she could hold it to her head. we got back on my motorcycle and drove to the bar as fast as possible.
when we got there, i helped her off and we went inside back to my office. she got on the couch and i got out a first aid kit to clean the cut. i wiped it clean making sure no sand was in it and she insisted she didn't need a bandage on it. i put the kit away and sat back on the couch frustrated because if i hadn't said anything, she would be fine.
"i'm sorry." i said.
"why?" she asked looking at me.
"because if i hadn't made that dumb ass comment you would have been fine." i replied.
"look at me." she told me. i looked up so i was looking at her. "it's not your fault, it was my idea to ride the motorcycle. i'm fine, you're fine, everyone is fine. so stop blaming yourself for things you can't control, okay?" she added looking in to my eyes.
"okay." i mumbled looking away from her.
she put her hand on my cheek and brought my eyes back to meet hers and smiled raising an eyebrow.
"okay." i said clearly.