Chapter 31

Betty's P.O.V

i woke up the next morning wrapped in jughead's arm. i chuckled lightly as i realized i was wearing his 'S' t-shirt and he wasn't wearing a shirt. i started to draw small figure eights on his bare chest with my finger. i propped myself up on his chest with my hands and admired every perfect inch of this mans face. i kissed his nose gently, which clearly didn't wake him up, so i started kissing his cheek. i laid back down next to him and sighed in defeat. i looked over at him to see he was wide awake looking at me.
"i thought you were asleep!" i exclaimed hitting him in the face with a pillow.
"did you really just get upset because you couldn't wake me up?" he asked laughing a little.
"i did not!" i protested hitting his chest lightly.
"the other day, you threw a fit because you didn't know how to spell a word." he replied.
"shut up!" i told him hitting his chest lightly again.
"you know, you're so beautiful." he said.
i giggled lightly.
"you've told me before." i replied.
"i know i have." he responded running his hand down my arm.
i moved away from him and stood up.
"we've got to get to work." i said throwing a pillow at him and laughing a little.
he groaned and rolled out of bed making me laugh more.
later, i was at the bar filling drinks talking with toni and some other serpents.
"how's therapy?" she asked.
"it's good, in group therapy there's this girl and you'd like her." i replied.
"girl?" she questioned.
"yeah and she happens to like girls. her name's cheryl, you, jughead, her, and i could go on a double date tonight." i responded.
"really?" she asked sounding excited.
"yeah, jug and i were going on a date tonight anyways." i told her.
"great, let me know if it's cool with her." she said.
"alright." i replied.
fp walked over to the bar and i poured him his usual drink and handed it to him.
"thanks, betty." he replied.
"yep." i nodded.
"by the way, jughead is becoming serpent leader tomorrow." he told me.
"right, it had to be rescheduled because of the situation." i responded.
i saw jughead come down the stairs, so i went on the other side of the bar.
"hey." i said to him.
"hey, you." he replied.
he picked me up by my waist and put me on the bar counter making me giggle. i put my hands around his neck and he put his on my thighs.
"okay, so i invited toni and cheryl, from group therapy, to come on our date tonight because you and i met from a double date, so i was thinking they could meet that way too." i told him. "but only if it's okay with you."
"it's fine with me, baby." he replied.
"in that case, can you pick me up from my house?" i asked.
"yeah, i'll get you." he responded.
"jesus, get a room, you guys." sweet pea said coming over to us.
"maybe we can set you up on a double date sometime." i replied giving him a sarcastic smile.
"doctor cooper also know as the love doctor." jughead joked.
"oh, you're just full of jokes today." i replied hopping off of the counter.
"you love my stupid jokes though." he said bringing me closer to him.
"no, i don't. they are stupid and make you much more annoying than you already are." i laughed.
"oh, come on that's not true." he replied.
"is anyone looking for a boyfriend? because i've got one for free right here." i asked pointing to him as a joke making the near by serpents laugh.
jughead looked at me offended and i laughed before i turned around to go back behind the bar.
"oh, you are so on, cooper." jughead laughed coming behind the bar.
"i'm supposed to be working, go to your office." i told him trying not to smile.
"you think you can get away that easily?" he asked stepping closer to me, so our bodies were touching.
a lot of the serpents were still watching, so i backed away and filled up a cup of water. i took a drink if it then poured it on top of his head leaving him drenched and everyone laughing. he looked at me really mad and i got scared because i've never seen him actually mad.
"i'm sorry, it was just a joke." i said grabbing a bunch of napkins.
"that is so crossing a line though." he replied sounding extremely upset.
"i thought we were just messing around." i told him as i started wiping his shirt with the napkins.
he bursted out laughing and so did all the other serpents and clearly i was the only one who thought he was actually mad.
"you asshole!" i yelled dropping the napkins and hitting his chest.
"you were so scared." he said as he laughed. "did you think i was going to hit you or something?"
"it wasn't funny. you looked so pissed." i responded as i started walking away.
he picked me up from my waist and put me over his shoulder as the serpents continued to laugh.
"are you kidding me?!" i asked trying to get away from his grip.
i stopped moving and laid on his shoulder in defeat.
"i'll get you back tonight." i whispered in his ear.
he sat me back down on the ground and i crossed my arms.
"i'm looking for a new boyfriend, if anyone wants to sign up." i told everyone as a joke.
he sat down in a bar stool and i went between his legs with his arms wrapped around me.
"are you still mad at me?" he asked.
"no, but i'm getting back at you." i replied.
"okay." he laughed before kissing the top of my head.

(AN: Sorry this is just a filler chapter, but i thought it was kinda cute. also thank you guys for 5k reads on this! i love you all! 💕❤️)