Chapter 42

Jughead's P.O.V.

"so, betty cooper, i'm asking you right now, will you marry me?" i finally finished.
everyone around us was watching, even the people at the front desk and she stood there as i waited for a response.
i could see the fear in her eyes as tears of both happiness and sadness fell from them and i waited for a response.
"i—i—." she said trying to say something.
"betty, its okay, you don't have to say yes." i told her trying to be calm about it, but was completely heartbroken.
"i'm so sorry, i have to go." she said.
i stood up as she turned around and ran out of the hospital. i slowly put the ring back in my back pocket and everyone looked heartbroken for me.
"i am so sorry, jug." toni said coming over to me.
"thanks, toni." i replied quietly.
my dad walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder.
"the time will come when she's ready, son." he told me patting my shoulder.
"i hope so." i said even quieter and pushing my hands deep in my pockets.
veronica and archie said they could watch skyler and xavier for awhile, so i could talk to betty.
when i got home, i walked into the kitchen to see betty pacing around the room.
"jug, hey." she said as she stopped pacing and walked over to me.
"hey." i replied. "i just want you to know, you shouldn't have to feel pressured into saying yes."
"yes." she said.
"what?" i asked confused.
"yes, i'll marry you. the only reason i didn't say it at the hospital is because i didn't like having all the attention on me and i was overwhelmed." she responded with tears in her eyes, which this time where clearly of happiness.
i took the ring out of my back pocket and slipped the ring on her ring finger.
"i love you, betty cooper." i told her.
"jughead jones, i love you." she replied before smashing her lips onto mine.
i kissed back moving my hand up to her hair and it growing more and more passionate. i started placing kisses on her neck gently, until she moved away making me look at her.
"as much as i would love to, we have kids to take care of." she giggled.
"right, we should probably go get them from archie and veronica." i agreed.
we drove over to their house and they both seemed surprised to see us both.
"wait, you're wearing a ring?" veronica said confused grabbing betty's hand to look at it.
"i, um, said yes once we got back to our house." she smiled.
"oh, well, congratulations!" she exclaimed giving us both hugs.
we went over to see the twins in the carriages we had gotten them and archie baby talking them as he watched them.
"there's your mommy and daddy." he said as we came in.
"oh, hello there, skye." betty smiled picking her up.
when we got back to the house, we put skye and xavier in their room and they wouldn't stop crying. betty was trying everything and was clearly frustrated from it.
"i can't get them to stop." she sighed in defeat.
"did you try picking them up?" i asked.
she picked them both up at the same time and swayed around slightly. after a few minutes, they stopped crying and she was sitting in a rocking chair.
"i didn't think of that." she said.
"at least their asleep now." i replied. "do you want me to put them to sleep?"
she nodded and handed them both over to me to put in their cribs.
"i'm ready for bed, are you staying up?" she asked.
"no, i'll be there in one second." i responded.
she walked back into the bedroom and i admired the two beautiful kids in front of me. i smiled lightly before heading back to the bedroom to see my fiancé. she was sat on the end of the bed about to fall asleep. i sat down next to her and put my around her as she rested her head on my shoulder.
"do you think it will get easier?" she asked.
"as they get older it should." i replied.
"i sure hop—." she started but was interrupted by their crying.
"i'll get it." i said standing up.
"no, i've got it." she told me standing up and pushing me down on the bed.
i got up and followed her into the bedroom to see her in the rocking chair with both of them in her arms again.
"can i just go to sleep here with them?" she asked quietly as she shut her eyes.
"if you want." i responded.
i sat on the floor in front of the chair and rested my back against the crib as she drifted off to sleep.
once she was finally completely asleep, i picked up the twins and put them in their crib then picked up betty bridal style to our bedroom.

(AN: Did you really think i was going to make her say no? i'm not that cruel 😂 also thank you guys so much for 9k reads! i love you all! feel free to comment suggestions! 💕❤️)