First Impressions are Everything

[A/N: Well, I got some feedback with the last chapter, so I decided to continue writing. I hope you like it! (: Please point out any mistakes, because I didn't really go over it much. And feel free to vote/comment/fan/share, it would really mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading, guys! <3] 

*************

"Oh 'ello, Catherine," Harry said, waving to my mother as he walked over to us. He was wearing his signature blazer, a white tee, and gray skinny jeans. 

"Hey.... you!" my mother said excitedly. You could tell she obviously didn't remember his name.  

Harry enclosed my mother into a hug, and as they were embracing, his amazing blueish-green eyes met my hazel ones. His eyes were amazing, like a sparkling sea. Wow, that sounded extremely cheesy, but they really were.  

Finally, they separated. 

"Who is this?" Harry asked, referring to me. 

Oh my gosh, Harry Styles just asked about me. Don't. Scream.

"This is my lovely daughter, Riley," my mom announced, and Harry held out his hand for me to shake. I quickly shook it, and in the back of my mind I told myself to remember this; it was the first time I came in contact with someone famous. 

"Hi, I'm Harry," he said with that dazzling smile of his on his face. 

"I know," I blurted, but then I realized how incredibly creepy that sounded, "Err, I mean, nice to meet you?"  

Harry chuckled. "So I see you're a fan of One Direction?"  

I had a response prepared for this situation. Doesn't every Directioner? 

"Yep! A dedicated Directioner," I said coolly. Ok, not very coolly. I was freaking out. Harry nodded in understanding.

"Wait, do you two know eachother?" my mom asked, clearly confused. 

I waited for Harry to answer, but he didn't.  

"Mom, can I talk to you for a second? Alone?" I asked as I pulled my mom toward a group of tables in the corner. 

"What's wrong? You're kind of holding up the date," my mom said impatiently. 

"Are you kidding me? You're dating Harry-freaking-Styles from One Direction?! Why didn't you tell me? You know I love that band!" I ranted. 

"One Direction? What's that?" my mom asked.

I mentally facepalmed. "You never listen to me, do you? I talk about them all the time. It's the band that your 'boyfriend'," I made quotes with my fingers, "is in." 

"Oh, he's into music? Hot," my mom wiggled her eyebrows. 

"Eww, mom, disgusting. Let's just get back to dinner," I suggested. 

We walked back over and saw that Harry had claimed a table for us on the far side of the room. We made our way over to it.

"Oh, and Mom, did I mention that Harry is only eighteen?" I asked, saying the last word noticeably louder. 

"Whatever. Age is just a number, baby," she stated. 

"Wait, is it even legal for you to date someone that young?" I asked, getting sort of annoyed.  

She didn't respond to me, probably because she was fed-up with my complaining.  

I looked around the room, noticing the restaurant's simple decor. The walls were painted the color of desert sand, and had a few detailed paintings of coyotes on them. There were also ceramic coyotes and cacti scattered throughout the room, along with dozens of tables. Maybe that was why I loved this place so much; the vibe was cozy and welcoming.