R U Mine?

Alex knew he was Arabella's puppet, under her control. He loved it. Despite the heartache of knowing about her unattached lifestyle, he found himself thinking about her all the time. Alex looked at his bedside table where she had forgotten one of her diamond necklaces after a, particularly long night.

She had left too quickly for him to remind her about it. But that was Arabella: a life too fast for Alex to try and keep up with. That didn't really matter to him. Arabella was too incredible for him to care.

Alex lay in bed, thoughts of her riding through his mind.

He felt himself grow more frustrated because he didn't want to be lying there alone. He wanted to be where she was, wherever the hell that might have been. Dissatisfaction piled up until he found himself groaning aloud.

What was the state of their relationship? It was clear what Alex ached for. With Arabella, on the other hand, it was foggy. He just needed to hear some ounce of certainty from her. He wanted her to be as invested as he was, maybe even ask him to be exclusive, dammit.

That would never happen, which only made him crave a deep relationship more. Over and over Alex would imagine futures involving the two of them, happy together. It was unfair. He wished silently that she was there in bed with him, helping him escape for a while

Some nights that is exactly what happened. Not every night, though. And that meant it didn't happen enough. Alex picked at his fingernails, trying not to go crazy. He hoped that next time Arabella decided to swing around she would make a move towards claiming him.

Running a hand through his sweaty hair, Alex realised that he did actually have a chance with her. Arabella never usually came back to the same boys more than once. It was the thrill of the chase, his friends had told him. Alex should be enjoying it. But if this was meant to end up somewhere fun, then it moved in mysterious ways.

Alex fell into a restless sleep that night, missing and wanting and needing Arabella. More specifically, he wanted her to ask him if he was hers. He needed to know that she wanted him too.