22: Sick

Log Date 1561. The K.A.C is becoming much more of a pain to deal with than I thought. I mean, surely it can't be that  serious. Speaking of which, Today is the first day I start official experimentation. These tests may be physical, mental, or emotional, depending on my choosing or the shape of the subjects. I think physical with suffice for today.

Test Tube's P.O.V:

Well that was certainly refreshing. I walk into my office, and decide to check my mail. What? Did you think I slept in my office? Of course not. Wait.... Test Tube you're talking to yourself again. Great. Anyways, when I glance down at the slot, there's nothing. After 13 letters, they've finally given up. Perfect! Then I turn to the viewing window. I....woke up late?! Both Paintbrush and Fan are up functioning early up or I woke up late. I hope they're early, because if I'm late, I'm losing control.

I tap the dusty intercom mic. It really is a beautiful piece of equipment, such a shame it's not used very often. I've learned my lesson not to get attached. You're still not sorry about it though, are YouNow I'm scared. I turn the mic on and notice the two turn up and look at me. I have their attention. Great.

Paintbrush's P.O.V:

God, letting Lightbulb go was the biggest mistake of my life. I should've....done something other than let her! But I didn't, and all I've got is this chip. I don't even remember her singing anymore.... one of my favorite parts about her. Screw my memory, screw this room, screw it all. Everything seems to function perfectly without her. Everything except.....me. That's when I hear a tapping over the intercom. I grip the chip tightly. "Don't worry, I'm not going to let her hurt us" I said to no one in particular. "Good morning Subjects. I came over here to inform you of something." Test Tube said over the intercom. She looked a bit pale, so all I can hope is that she's sick. " Today marks the day we officially start the project" Okay, that crosses the line. "YOU MEAN THREE PEOPLE POINTLESSLY DIED FOR NOTHING?!" I screamed. I can't know that she died here for nothing. When I look up again, Test Tube is laughing. At me. "Don't be silly, of course they died for a reason. The first half of the experiment is just finished, that's all." She explained. Fan looked extremely nervous. "F-first half?" He stuttered. "Oh yes. Today I start with physical testing. Today's 'challenge' is to avoid getting sick via rat. In order to end the challenge, you must kill the rat. Have fun!" "Wait....what rat?!" Fan yelled up, but she was already gone. That's when I heard a squeak.

Fan's P.O.V:

Of course, for the first course she gives us, out of the many things she could do, is this. RATS. Well, a rat, but they're still gross and scary as heck. Paintbrush yelped and I noticed the rat next to my foot. I immediately got up and started running around the room. "Come towards me, I can snap it's neck!" Paintbrush yelled, morning over to themselves as I ran. I stopped to comprehend the sentence. "Wha-" I asked, then screamed. That stupid trash mouse got me by the foot. Then Paintbrush ran over and stomped on it's neck, killing it. "A bit harsh, don't you think?" I asked hesitantly. "If it came from Test Tube, it deserves to die" Paintbrush replied, glaring at the dead rat. I look down at my foot where the rat bit me. Looks like a regular bite to me. "If I were you, I'd keep an eye on it." Paintbrush suggested. "Noted" I responded.

The next morning, I felt like I was burning hot and everything was blurry.

(Sorry for such a long hiatus, these take awhile. Plus I have other things to do. Hope you guys enjoyed)