Chapter 1- Hibiki's POV

UPDATE 5/25/13: The trailer is now live! It's over there on the left. Press play to watch.

UPDATE AGAIN 5/25/13: Sorry! It's on the right! I'm getting my directions fucked up.

UPDATE 3/6/14: Edited chapter posted.

UPDATE 9/28/14: **HIBIKI IS A BOY. ITS ETHAN/GOLD'S (FROM THE HGSS GAMES) JAPANESE NAME. just thought i would clear that up

I think I'm going to finish this story :P

Sorry I took so long in writing the first chapter. I have about six chapters written down in my notebook, but it takes a while for me to upload it to this site and another site I have an account on. I'll probably update twice a week, and maybe once a week once school starts.

And as a pointer, there will be romance, but there's more adventure than romance and they only allow two genres so I didn't list it as one of the genres. Just so you know.

Enjoy :)

* * *

Chapter 1 - Hibiki's POV

The first thing I noticed about Mt. Moon was its eerie emptiness. Usually Silver would be standing right about there, waiting to trash-talk me into a battle without meaning what he said as a tribute to the days when we hated each other and he DID mean what he said. The second thing I noticed about Mt. Moon was the Pokeball sitting where Silver usually would have been standing. I walked over to the Pokeball, and the third thing I noticed about Mt. Moon was the note carefully placed under it. I gently pushed the Pokeball aside and picked up the note.

Hibiki,

I'm going away. I can't tell you where, but if you're smart you'll figure it out. For now, here's Meganium. Take good care of it.

Your friend,

Silver.

Silver had never called me "friend" before, and we'd known each other for five years. Ironically, I had come to Mt. Moon to tell him that I myself was leaving for Mt. Silver to train, catch new Pokemon and potentially even battle the mythical Red, if he even existed. I imagined the wisecrack he might have made about Mt. Silver being named for him and sighed deeply. Silver was the only kid my age who could tolerate me (besides my neighbor Kotone, but she's annoying, stupid, a total space cadet, and she probably has a secret crush on me) and he simply vanishes. No Pokegear number, not a hint of where he might be. Just this stupid note and this stupid, girly Meganium.

I sat in the cave feeling sorry for myself for a few minutes, then realized sitting in the cave feeling sorry for myself wasn't going to make SIlver appear and sent Lugia out. "Can you take me to Mt. Silver, bro?"

It got slightly closer to the ground so I could get on and slowly lifted off. No matter how many times I flew above Kanto, I would never quite get used to how beautiful it looked from above. I guess I was once scared of heights, but now I looked down at the landscape and felt the wind on my face and it made me smile. I loved this place.

When Lugia came to a stop in front of the Pokemon League gate in Viridian City, I felt kind of sad. I knew I wouldn't be seeing that view again for a while. I put Lugia back in its Pokeball and entered the building. The man guarding the Mt. Silver entrance looked me up and down. "Are you Hibiki?"

"That's me."

"Well, let me just get out of your way." He stepped off to the side. "And be careful. Mt. Silver's Pokemon are a higher level than other wild Pokemon. You'll need to watch out for them."

"Thanks for the warning. And I have to know, do you know anything about Red? Is he at the top like everyone says?"

"I don't know. If he is, he's been there for seven years, and I took this job last week. I'm not the one to ask. Try the nurse at the Pokemon Center."

"Thanks."

"No problem." He smiled, and I walked through the doorway into Mt. Silver.

When I got a load of the place, I was speechless. The mountain towered above me, skyrocketing from the rolling foothills and into the clouds. On the level I was standing was fields and fields of tall grass that sloped into valleys and rose into hills. I let out a surprised laugh. This place was awesome.

Off in the distance was a Pokemon Center. I sent out Zapdos. "Can you take me to that Pokemon Center?" I asked it. It leaned forward so I could hop on. I was about to go into the center when I heard something: the voice of a person.

"Hibiki!"

I swiveled around. "What the--"

Lance the Dragon Tamer stood about ten feet away. "Long time no see."