Chapter 8- Hibiki's POV

"Lance?" I said. "What are you doing here?"

"I might ask you the same question." The former champion grinned.

"Well, you know, the usual. Train. Battle Red. Basically what everyone comes to Mt. Silver for."

"Yeah, well, I hate to crash your party, but Team Rocket's back."

"AGAIN?!" I rolled my eyes.

"Yep. And I need your help."

I sighed. When you have to fight Team Rocket, you have to fight Team Rocket. "What do you need me to do?"

"You have a Lugia, right?"

I nodded.

"Okay. Use it to fly up to the top of Mt. Silver and get Red. Bring him here."

"Why do I have to get Red? What do we need him for?”

“Just go get him.”

“Fine.” I stuck my hand in my untidy Bag and fiddled around for the Master Ball I’d put Lugia in. I hit the button on the front and hopped on. “Take me to the top, Lugia,” I said. Lugia flapped its wings, turned diagonally upwards, and soared up the side of the mountain. As it got closer to the peak, I noticed that it was snowing. I pulled my hood up over my head in an attempt to stay warm.

It landed outside of the entrance to a cave. I was up to my ankles in snow when I hopped off Lugia and put it back in its Master Ball. I glanced around. All I could see was white…

…except for that little glimmer of red.

Holy crap, I thought. That was way too easy.

I ran up to him, my feet crunching on the snow. He turned around and looked at me. I couldn’t tell what was in his eyes. Menace? Annoyance? Desire for revenge?

He grabbed a Pokéball off his belt and sent out his Pikachu.

“Wait, no,” I said. “I don’t want to battle you.”

He raised an eyebrow at me.

“Team Rocket’s back.”

He sighed and rolled his eyes.

I grinned. “That’s what I said. Except, you know, I said it. Anyway. Me and Lance kind of need your help with stopping them. Would you mind coming with me?”

He shrugged. I took this as a yes and sent Lugia out of its Master Ball. “Hop on.” He nodded and got on behind me.

When we got back to the bottom of the mountain, Lance was waiting there with his Dragonite next to him. “Nice job,” he said. “I take it you’re Red?” Red nodded. “Okay. Well, we’re going to have to make a-“

He was cut off by the chopping engine of a helicopter descending on Route 28. “Everyone in the Pokémon Center!” Lance shouted above the noise. I quickly retreated Lugia back into its Master Ball before dashing into the Pokémon Center after Lance and Red.