Chapter 3

Thomas hadn't come back to Newt's house once Monday rolled in. It confused Newt a little bit. Had something happened to him? He tried texting Thomas, but he didn't respond. That worried Newt even more. Was he ignoring him? Newt sighed, maybe it was Thomas that regretted the kiss.

Newt sighed before his phone began to ring. He had gotten a call. Newt answered, holding the phone to his ear.

"Hey, angel."

"Thomas, where have you bloody been?"

"I'm sorry."

Newt sighed. "You had me worried, you know?" Thomas paused. "I know, I know. I'm really sorry," he responded. Newt shook his head, even if Thomas couldn't see him. "It's fine," he responded. He opened his mouth to speak but Thomas beat him to it.

"Do you maybe want to come over?"

Newt stopped. "I..."

"It's okay if you don't."

"No, Thomas. I do. My dad's going to be home soon," he responded. "I'm just hesitant."

There was a pause on the other line.

Newt sighed, thinking over his options. His dad wouldn't be home until midnight, but what if plans changed and he got home sooner? Newt took one full minute to think it over.

"I'll come over."

"Really?!"

"Yeah, though you'll have to come pick me up. I don't know where you live."

Thomas let out a chuckle on the other line. "I'll be there in ten minutes.

***

And ten minutes later Newt noticed a Jeep pull into his driveway. Newt jogged down the stairs and opened the door, revealing Thomas. Newt smiled. Thomas returned the smile. "You ready?" he asked. Newt nodded. "Come on then," Thomas said with a small smile. Newt followed Thomas into the Jeep, climbing into the passenger's seat. Thomas looked over his shoulder, pulling out of the driveway. "I'm sorry I've been ignoring you. I've been...busy," Thomas said. Newt smiled, grabbing Thomas' hand. "It's okay," he said. Thomas glanced at their intertwined hands quickly before looking back at the road ahead of them. "I tried texting but then...I just got plans and-" Newt cut Thomas off. "You don't need to explain yourself," he said. Thomas tightened his grip on Newt's hand. "I know, I know," he said softly. Newt leaned forward, pressing a kiss to the dark-haired cheek. Thomas smiled down at his hand.

The two boys drove in silence the rest of the ride, but it wasn't at all awkward. It was more so comfortable. Thomas had run his thumb over Newt's hand, occasionally pressing kisses to his knuckles.

Thomas pulled into his driveway. "Place is all mine for the rest of the week," he said. "My parents are out of town." Newt nodded, stepping out of the car and taking a look at the house Thomas lived in. He looked at it for a minute or so before hands wrapped around his waist. Thomas pulled Newt into his chest, kissing him softly. Newt responded, turning around to actually face Thomas. Thomas pulled away, looking at Newt, taking his thumb and pulling down on Newt's bottom lip. Newt's breath hitched. Thomas smiled, pecking the slightly smaller boy's lips.

Thomas unlocked the door and Newt looked around almost instantly. It was nice with a fair amount of space. "You like it?" Thomas asked. Newt nodded. "Yeah," he responded. Thomas grabbed Newt's hand. "Come on. We're going upstairs," he said. Newt glanced at Thomas. "Ok," he responded. Thomas smiled. Newt followed Thomas upstairs and into what he assumed was Thomas' room. Thomas sat cross-legged on his bed. Newt stood there, staring at Thomas, smiling brightly. "Come over here," Thomas chuckled. "I don't bite. Unless you'd like me to." Thomas winked at the blonde boy. Newt rolled his eyes and sat down next to Thomas. Thomas wrapped his arm around Newt, pressing a kiss into his hair.