Part Four

Thomas laid with his arms around Newt, and Newt with his head pressed into Thomas' chest. One thing led to another, meaning Thomas had turned up the AC purposely, Newt got cold, now they were cuddling. Thomas even gave Newt one of his sweatshirts. Newt began to shift, and Thomas knew where this was headed. "Do you have to go," Thomas whined, holding onto Newt's waist. Newt smiled, pecking Thomas' lips. "Yes, I do," he responded. Thomas groaned. Newt pressed his forehead against Thomas'. Thomas cupped Newt's cheeks, pressing Newt's lips against his. "Mm, Tommy Boy, you know I have to go," Thomas whined, reluctantly loosening his grip on Newt's hips. "I know," he sighed. "I know." Newt bit his bottom lip. "I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" he asked. Thomas nodded. "You want me to come to your window?" he asked. Newt shrugged. "I'll text you if my dad's home, okay?" he replied. Thomas nodded. "Come on, I'm driving you home." Newt nodded. "Okay," he said.

"Come on. Before we end up making out in your room again," Newt said. Thomas smirked. "I'd love to do that again," he replied, pressing a kiss to Newt's shoulder. Newt pulled away, though he wanted to stay there with Thomas, he knew he'd get in trouble if he wasn't home soon.

Newt and Thomas got into the Jeep, Thomas putting the key in the ignition and beginning to drive down the street. Newt fiddled with his fingers for a minute. Thomas finally noticed, raising his eyebrow and taking Newt's hands. "What's bothering you?" he asked. Newt sighed, shaking his head. "I'm worried about you," he answered softly. Thomas raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" he asked. "Worried – this is about Gally isn't it?"

Much to Newt's surprise, Thomas pulled over. "Newt, baby, look at me," the dark-haired boy said gently, lifting Newt's chin. Newt met the boy's deep brown eyes. "I'm okay. I'm not going to hurt myself. I couldn't, not when I have you – I have you to protect," Thomas said softly. Newt opened his mouth to say something before Thomas cut him off. "I know you say it isn't my job to protect you, but I just..." Thomas sighed, trying to find the right words to say. "I really like you and if anything were to happen to you because of your dad I don't know what I'd do with myself and –" Newt pressed a finger to Thomas' lips. "Tommy," he said softly. Thomas raised an eyebrow in question. "Shut up." Newt pressed his lips to Thomas', cupping his cheek. Thomas froze for a second before melting into Newt's kiss. Not another single word needed to be said. Thomas shut up.

With much difficulty, Thomas had managed to pull away from Newt and continue driving. Thomas seemed a bit reluctant to let Newt go inside. As Newt placed his hand on the car door handle, Thomas locked it. "Text me," he said seriously. Newt returned Thomas' serious tone. "I will," he responded. Thomas searched Newt's eyes for the truth and once he was sure Newt would do as he requested, he unlocked the door. Newt waved to Thomas as he got out before walking to the door. Thomas waited until the blonde boy had made his way inside before pulling out the driveway.

Newt walked inside to see Sonya sitting on the couch, smirking at him. "Who was he?" his sister asked playfully. Newt rolled his eyes. "No one," he responded. Sonya gasped. "Oh my god!" she exclaimed. "Was it Thomas?!" Newt grabbed a pillow from the chair next to him and throwing at Sonya, who chuckled. "I thought you hated him," she said. Newt shrugged. "He's different," he responded simply. Sonya nodded. "Well then, Newt, I'm happy you've found someone," she said. Newt raised an eyebrow. "Really? I didn't think you'd be so accepting," he said. "I mean – well I knew you'd accept me but it's Thomas. We all know what he's like." Sonya shook her head. "Newt, I'm your sister. I'll love you nevertheless. But if he hurts you I'll kick his punk ass," she responded. Newt chuckled. "I love you, Sonya," he said, hugging his sister, who let out a whine at the touch. Newt chuckled. "You love me," he said teasingly. Sonya laughed before pulling away. "Dad should be home soon," she said. Newt tensed. "I'm going to text Thomas," he said softly. Sonya nodded before Newt went off to his room.