Chapter one

(NOTE: I'm really sorry if this is cringy or if my grammar is off. I've been really stressed lately and haven't been practicing with my writing and such. I switched Yin and Yang to the Confucian Yin and Yang to those of you who are confused. This fan fiction takes place before paintbrush, apple, and marshmallow were eliminated as well...Anyways...enjoy!)

Bright. Just the way lightbulb liked it. She always thought sunny days were the key to good luck.

Today in particular was the brightest day of the year. It was on this day that lightbulb would be the happiest.

Inanimate insanity was continuing season 2. Lightbulb would tease paint brush everyday. She could tell they weren't amused whenever she said one of her stupid quirks.

Every now and then her and paintbrush would talk, but it wasn't anything deep like...a conversation...

Lightbulb was sitting with her crab, Baxter, when she noticed paintbrush in front of her.

"Oh! Painty! Look! I put a hat on Baxter!"
"Um...?"
"Isn't he adorable?"
"Uh yeah....Oh my! Look at the time! Gotta go!"

Lightbulb frowned. Paintbrush was always off running somewhere. It made lightbulb sad knowing she didn't have time to spend with the person she admired most.

Ever since the show started, Lightbulb had a slight crush on paintbrush. Paintbrush never seemed to show any sort of affection towards her. Maybe they weren't the type to get close. Or maybe they just didn't like her.

Lightbulb shook away the bad thoughts. "No, today is The brightest day of the year. You have to be happy!"

Lightbulb got up and yawned.

I should go to sleep.

And with that, lightbulb went to the resting area and slept.

~ TIME SKIP ~

Marshmallow shook test tube and lightbulb awake. The two girls opened their tired orbs and groaned.

"Test tube, lightbulb, wake up!!! The next challenge is starting soon!"

Mephone was announcing the challenge for the day.
Everyone gathered in front of mephone. Most people looked stoned because they had just waken up.

"Good morning everyone!" Mephone almost yelled out to the audience"

"Morning.." everyone sleepily replies in unison.

"Todays' challenge is supposed to be an interesting one. I stayed up 2 minutes at night to think of it. Oh the torture. Anyways, for this challenge, you will be locked in a room with another contestant. The first couple to find the key and get out of the room first will win immunity. Everyone else will be up for elimination."

Lightbulb lit up inside.

This is my chance to tell paintbrush how I feel! Maybe mephone will let me be with paintbrush...

"Knife, you will be teamed up with suitcase. Fan, you and microphone will be teamed up. Test tube, you will be with lightbulb. Paintbrush, I'm teaming you up with baseball. Marshmallow, you will be with apple."

Lightbulb was a little dissatisfied with not being with paintbrush, but then she realized that this was still a fight for immunity.

"When I say go, you will all go into one of these rooms where we will lock you in. Annnnnnnnnd...GO!"

Everyone raced into a room with their partner.

Lightbulb immediately took note that the room was dark.

Test tube groaned. "How am I supposed to see what I'm doing?"

Lightbulb smiled. "I got this!"

Lightbulb lit up and enlightened the room. Test tube looked around the room. "Finally, something you are good for."

Lightbulb frowned, but she didn't let that crush her spirit on this day.

"If I were a key, where would I hide?" Test tube asked herself.

Lightbulb walked around the room and looked under boxes. She wondered around puzzled by all of the weird signs on the wall.

Lightbulb noticed a small door near the floor. "Hey Test Tube! I found something!"

Test tube yelled back, "Is it the key?"

"No, but I think-"
"Then I don't care!"

Lightbulb blinked and looked back at the door. It was unlocked.

Maybe this is the way out of here..

She slowly opened the door and crawled inside.

Lightbulbs' light went out, and everything went pitch black.

"......Hello, lightbulb....."