Chapter 6

The next morning, Harry awoke with a splitting headache. It was so bad he thought his head was going to explode. He wanted to cast a Tempus charm but his hand was shaking so bad he couldn't even hold his wand.

"Potter?" Harry heard from across the room. "Are you alright?"

Harry didn't have the energy to respond so he shook his head instead, which really was a bad idea cause that only made his head pound harder. He suddenly began to see spots and his vision became blurry. Then everything went black.

He woke a few moments later, lying in his bed with Draco sitting next to him and an ice cold towel on his head. "Potter?" Draco asked.

Harry managed to stutter a feeble "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

"What happened?"

"Well I was just getting ready to leave for breakfast when I heard you get up. You looked positively awful and you began swaying and then you fell off the bed. I'm assuming you passed out."

"Oh," was all Harry said. He wanted to ask how he got back onto the bed with a washcloth but he knew the answer already and he was sure Draco would be embarrassed to tell him so he decided not to ask.

"Do you think you need to go to the infirmary?"

"No, it's alright. I'll be ok."

"Are you sure, Potter? Cause even with a concussion I'm pretty sure your head isn't supposed to be that bad."

"I've been through worse. I'll be fine."

"If you insist."

They sat in an awkward silence until Harry spoke up. "What time is it?"

"Five till eight."

"Oh, Merlin! Classes start in five minutes. You're not going to be able to get breakfast and you're gonna be late. I'm sorry!"

"Relax, Potter. I'm not going to classes today."

"What? Why not?"

"I'm staying here with you," Draco said as if it were no big deal.

"What?!"

"Listen, Potter, you're obviously not any better and I don't think it's a good idea to leave you here alone. You might pass out again."

"But it's only the fourth day of classes and you've already missed a day. You can't miss anymore."

"Stop worrying about me. It's yourself you should worry about. Your small brain has a hard enough time learning anything even when you go to classes."

"Whatever, Malfoy," Harry said with a roll of his eyes but he was secretly very grateful that Draco would skip class just for him.

Harry rolled back over and intended to just lie down for a few minutes but he ended up falling asleep.

He was standing in the Potion Master's  office with Snape and Malfoy. Malfoy and Snape were engaged in a heated conversation and neither seemed to notice Harry's presence. 'Wait, isn't Snape dead?' Harry was brought out of his thoughts when he heard Snape yell "how could you miss my class for Potter! He's useless! You should know better than to risk your education for such a worthless prat."

"I'm sorry, sir," Malfoy replied, looking at his feet.

"Look at me when I am speaking Mr Malfoy!"

"Yes, sir, sorry."

"How dare you start to care about Potter! You are worthless!" Snape screamed at Draco and slapped him across the face. Blood began oozing down Draco's face and his eye began to swell. "You're such a weak little boy, starting to care for someone! How could you start to care for Potter! Don't you know he'll never love you!" Snape said and slapped him again.