Chapter 56: Hatred or Pain

"She must hate me now for lying to her... s... she will hate me for her entire life... I... I am a criminal Tim"

I said in broken words and pulled away from Tim who was looking me with concerned and pitty;

"Don't feel pity for me, My dear friend because I deserve it,

I deserve her hatred and I deserve the pain I am going through..."

"No, you don't deserve the hatred nor the pain my love"

I felt my heart skip a beat when I heard her voice, the voice that brings peace to my restless mind.

"Mayaan..."

*****

Five Years Later...

"Sir, According to your request the meeting with Smiths & Co has been rescheduled for tomorrow and moved to 1:00 pm in the Plaza Hotel at the Palm Court "

Stefan said with sneaking through the door and left when I nodded my head.

I leaned back on the plush leather office chair and closed my eyes taking a deep breath;

"I missed you,

I missed the warmth of your touch,

Please don't ever leave me...

I love you!"

I instantly opened my eyes as her words echoed in my ears and unknowingly I opened the drawer and took out the letter;

My Dear Omair,

I hope you are doing well and your touring is going great. I sometimes wonder where are you and in what time zone? how is the weather around you and what you must be doing at the moment... I know so many questions, right!

But the answer is you...

I don't how to explain the thing that I want to say because I have never been in this position before and to be honest it is the first time for me and the reason is you.

Yes, you Omair because what I am about to say might not seem new to you. Since I believe you must have heard it thousands of times in various ways but trust me it never happened to me and I'm glad you are my first and last.

I'm in Love with you Omair,

I love you!

yours and only yours,

Mayaan.

My fingers trace the words on the letter, a hopeless sigh escapes my lips and I fold back the letter and placed it in the drawer like I was keeping those memories of my past back in the drawer.

I stood up from my office chair and walked towards the floor-to-ceiling window facing the cityscape. The city appeared below me and it seemed like the stars were scattered down into million pieces in the form of lights. I tucked both my hands into the front pocket and looked at the cityscape of New York City.

It has been four years since I moved to New York. My parents never wanted me to stay away from them but I chose to stay away from everyone because each and every single person reminded me of her. I lived alone with my own misery but one man didn't loosen his hope on me, it was Tim - he stayed with me. I was no longer a model or the cover star for gossip magazines because I left the world of stardom and chose a life of loneliness.