Chapter 66: Ghost or A Nightmare!

Valentine's day, this day always reminds me that I never got the chance to show her my love for her by showering her with tons of gifts, beautiful surprises for a month and most importantly my unspoken love. Every year since the day she left me I wondered how would it be to spend Valentine's day with her and taking her out on a romantic date to a fancy French restaurant just like the one I am at the moment with my business associates. It felt awkward to be the only single person seated on the table of five couples - Tim and his wife Eva were one of them and my business associates were on the dance floor with their partners including Tim and Eva. I was quietly seated on my chair looking outside the window at the busy street of New York. Memories of Mayaan flashed back in front of my eyes the moment I saw her after five years standing in the snow and then at the pub dancing carefree with her brothers but that one memory of her when she asked me to hold her;

"Hold me..." She said softly as she rested her forehead on my chest and added slowly; "... like you will never leave me"

I took a deep breath to clear my mind from her thoughts but I utterly failed when my sight caught her reflection on the window. I abruptly turned to look at the Dance floor - she was there dancing with him. I felt someone just squeezed my heart and stabbed it with a knife

"Yes I love the man who owns this ring"

"I will wait for you Jadlaan as long as it takes"

So, my doubts were right about her being engaged to that man who did everything to have her and now he has. Mayaan was dancing with him but it felt like she was in deep thoughts and Jadlaan was the one who kept on making little conversation during the dance. He was holding her close as if he was scared to lose her but lucky him because he had the girl whom he wanted the moment he laid his eyes on her. To the world it may look like they were a couple who is young and in love but I don't know why I felt they weren't in love with each other because even during their dance Jadlaan's eyes keep on wandering on the other women while Mayaan's gaze low and she only looks  up when she talks with him. Jadlaan should stop looking at other women because he had the most beautiful lady in his arms who only had eyes for him, the way she looked at him and smiled made me think about leaving this city because if she was planning on living here then I give up this fight because I can't take it anymore. Seeing her ignoring my existence was worse than her arguing and blaming me. I sighed and leaned back on my chair while I couldn't stop myself from admiring her in that dress - she looked breathtakingly beautiful with just a little touch of makeup to enhance her beauty. I was quietly looking at her every move as she danced meantime Mayaan slowly pulled back with pointing towards his jacket - she said with a smile on her lips. Jadlaan pulled back even though he didn't want but he did, he said something playfully making her giggle and left the dance floor leaving Mayaan alone there with the couples dancing around her. She nervously bit her lower lip and left the dance floor. 

Unknowingly I followed her - she walked slowly while she kept on touching the decorated roses by the tips of her fingers - she walked through the corridor's aimless until she stopped in front of french doors which lead to a balcony. She turned the knob and steps inside the balcony where the lights were dim while it was decorated with red roses and small candles. The balcony was peaceful and the sound of the music could be heard low. Mayaan went towards the fence as she wrapped her arms around her. Absentmindedly I went and stood behind her meanwhile a breeze of cold air blew filling the air with her fragrance. Her sweet scent pulled me in and I took a step closer to her. She sighs as she looks up at the moon in the sky and memories of our date night flashed back in front of my eyes when Mayaan and I lay down and stared at the moon.  

"Isn't it beautiful,
It feels like glitters all over the sky,
I always wanted to see so many stars,

It's a dream come true!"