Chapter 12.

Jason's pov

We're all standing in front of Mason's desk right now. He's sitting in his chair and we put all five of the drugs in front of him. He just stares at them and then he nods his head impressed. "My blackout drug. I see he multiplied them" Mason said.

"We got all the ones that were there. Only five" I said.

"No one suspected anything?" Mason said.

"No" I said partially lying. There was that one guy. The one guy who might've recognized me, but nothing happened. We got the drugs and we made it out.

I can't stop thinking about what happened. Nova suddenly is acting so cold towards me. I thought things were okay. We talked and I thought things were going back to normal. We both still love each other...at least that's what she told me. Then she kissed me. And now, she's acting like I'm a burden. Like she wants nothing to do with me. It's messing with my heart. It's killing me. I want to be with her so bad. She's my everything. I'm still going to protect her. She's mine. She always will be mine...forever.

"Looks like California is your next destination" Mason said snapping me out of thought.  I get a little rush of adrenaline in me when he says California.  That's our home town.  Going back there may be a chance for us to get help or find a way out. 

"Don't get too hopeful and excited.  I know California is your home.  Don't think you guys can get away with stuff.  Remember, we're watching everything you do" Carter said standing up from the other side of the room. 

"What's in California?" Jade said.

"My little pain drug.  You guys know which one I'm talking about.  You've all experienced it before, right?" Mason said.  I start having flashbacks to the excruciating pain I've felt.  One injection and you feel like you're burning from the inside.

"Where are we supposed to find it in California?" Grayson said.

"His name is Rob.  He's an older guy.  Old and wise.  He has his own gang out there. He lives in a small isolated place.  Just him.  He has the drug." Mason said.

"How do you know this?" Nova said.

"I've got people doing research for me." Mason said.

"How are we supposed to get it from him? Cause I know he's not just going to hand it over" Grayson said.

"It's all about bribing with this old hag.  He won't accept money.  He's smarter than that.  You gotta be even smarter though.  Figure out a way to get that drug...lie..I don't care what you do.  If you don't come back with that drug, things won't be pretty for any of you" Mason said.

"Now, everyone better get a good nights sleep tonight.  Tomorrow you fly out" Carter said.

I'm so ready to go back to California.

-

I'm back in that fucking room they keep me in. I'm leaning against the wall just thinking about life. Thinking about my old life back in California. I can't stop thinking about my sister.  I need to see her again.  I need to talk to her.  I know she can help us.  It's just would she want to? Would she even be willing to help us? I know she would do anything for Nova.  But for me...I don't know anymore.  Not only did I leave Nova but I left my sister too.  We just formed our relationship back and I screwed it up.  I took a hundred steps back to how things used to be between us.  I ruined things for us.