Chapter 17.

Mason's pov

Everything has changed.  My whole plan has changed.  I can't believe any of this.  They were smart.  They fucking outsmarted me.  I should've known.  Matter of fact, I should've just killed them.  Everything from here is going to be different.  I'm on the hunt.  I'm thirsty for blood and I want theirs.  I'm making it my mission to find them.  "Is it a bad time to say I told you so?" Carter said still grinning from the chair.

"You know, instead of sitting there with that stupid grin on your face, you could get up and do something.  This affects you too!" I said.

"I find it funny" Carter said standing up.  I clench my fists and I look to him pissed.  How is any of this funny?

"Really?" I said.

"I find it funny that they think they can escape" He said and I started calming down.  "They can't outsmart us.  Think about it, Mason.  They're fucking chipped.  We know their every move" He continued.  

The door flies open and Hayes coming running in frantically. We both turn to him and he looks panicked. "The chips.  They're not working anymore.  I can't get a signal on them" He said.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me" I said punching my desk.

"Well, never mind about that" Carter said.

"I should've listened to you" I said to Carter.

"As happy as I am to hear that, you need to calm down. We know where they're going.  The only place they would go would be to that vault." He said and I looked to him.  He's right.

"Let's go" I said leaving the room. I'm walking down the halls furious. I hear Carter catch up behind me and he stops in front of me.

"What are you doing?" He said.

"What do you think I'm doing?" I said.

"You're jumping ahead. Start here. Start with that boy Cameron" He said and I stopped.

"What about Cameron?" I said.

"How is it that I just got here not too long ago and I know more than you? He knows more than he's putting off. He's talked to Jason and the others several times. I've seen them. There's something about him." He said and I nod my head.

"Bring him to the room" I said and he nodded.

I'm going to get all the answers I need.

-

I'm in the interrogation room sitting across from Cameron. He's chained up to the chair and Carter is standing to my right. I'm just staring at Cameron and he's staring back. There's no emotion on his face. It's like this doesn't bother him at all.

"Why am I here?" Cameron said.

"You're here because there's been a little situation. A situation with Jason and the others." I said.

"And how does that affect me?" He said.

"I've heard you've talked to them a lot" I said.