제 2 장

Meeting : 2
09.12
19:47

              Well aware of the fact that she'll never see him again, she tried to find him anyway.

She spotted a guy wearing a black attire and ran to see if it's him. "Excuse me are you KT...H" Her voice faded when she realized it wasn't him. She apologized and came back to the station she was waiting in. Line 17.

She sat down and felt her back being supported by someone else's on the other side of the bench. She didn't even try to move because she was just too tired.

Her mind drifted away. She tried closing her eyes and a sudden picture of his smile drifted her awake. She shook her head repeatedly.

A loud beep signaled that the train arrived. She stood up and as if on que the person behind her as well. She didn't look back.

Someone brushed pass. She glanced at him. A dark hoodie. She almost grabbed him but halted. It wasn't him.

She sighed loudly. She closed her eyes and once again his face popped up into her mind. She softly spoke

"Go away. Stop haunting me. KTH"

         Is it her? He asked himself when he saw a girl with dark hair, long and straight. He tried walking up to her but she turned around and the wave of disappointment came flooding again. Not her

He slumped down into his seat, waiting for the train. Line 18. Connected to Line 17. Being exactly opposite.

Just a few moments after he sat down, he felt someone leaning against his back on the other side. On normal occasions he would have pushed them away but for now he didn't even have the energy.

He thought he'll be fine after leaving her, maybe just another random girl. But he was wrong. His thoughts, all led to her. Why?
Whenever he closed his eyes, he saw her eyes. Big and brown. Beautiful and captivating. He was too lost and torn to know what to do but he was determined for one thing. Life isn't like a fairytale but we can always make it into a fairytale of our own right? He'll find her. He will. He was determined.

There was a loud beep and the train arrived. He stood up and so did the other person behind him. He never glanced back. He didn't want another stranger to haunt his mind.

He was blank and numb and in his own thoughts. He started walking towards the platform but stopped when he heard a soft voice. A girl's. He wasn't able to make the sentence but he was sure he heard her say one time. "KTH".

Instinctively, he turned back to see. She also turned back a little. Before his eyes could meet her, an outburst of crowd flooded the stations. He strained his eyes and tried looking around, just so he could get a glimpse of her but it was impossible.

The crowd dispersed but he kept standing there. He looked again but this time she was no longer there.

There was an announcement for the people boarding the train to hurry up. It made him snap back to reality. He ran towards the train and entered. He stood near the door.

The same hallow and empty feeling enveloped him. He was able to get a glance of her. Long and straight hair was all he saw, but he knew it was her but he shrugged it off. How many are the chances of bumping into her again? Rarely any. He pushed the thought into a cabinet in his head, thinking he was hallucinating because he was just tired. Yeah it can't be her.

However this time, it really was her, but no one confirmed it to him.

            The noise made her look back to see what was happening. Nothing much. Just another crowd. She shrugged it off and continued walking towards the train.

She made way towards the train. It was rather crowded so she had to stand closer to the door. She sighed upon her luck but shrugged it off. Another loud beep signified that the train would be moving. The doors closed and so it slowly started accelerating.

She glanced outside and saw the train on the opposite line. In there, a guy with black hoodie stood. She couldn't see him well so she squinted her eyes but it was to no avail. It's probably just another guy, was all she thought.

The train on the other line started moving towards the west. Her train started moving towards the east.

An elbow shoved into her
stomach. She gasped. The man apologized. She was about to start a fight but decided to let it go. It wasn't worth the trouble. The only thing good coming out from this elbow shoving was that she was able to regain her consciousness and just like that she soon forgot about the guy she stared at. 

She sighed again. The journey was long. It took almost 4 hours by train to Busan. Just thinking about it made her tired all over.  She'll reach till midnight and her legs would be sore from the standing.

"Excuse me? I have a seat available besides me. You can sit there" Someone spoke instantly after her internal dilemma. She tried to find the owner of the voice.

"Me?" She asked for clarification. He nodded. "A pretty lady like you shouldn't stand there all alone".

She nodded awkwardly and sat next to the gentleman.

"I'm Jisoo. Hong Jisoo. Nice to meet you" He spoke first.

She hummed in response. Just then a flood of worry came all over her. The anxiety hit her again.

Breathe in.

Breathe Out.

Breathe deeply.

Stop your breath.

Breathe out.

She calmed down a bit. "I''m uh..."

"It's fine." He cut my sentence. "You don't have you tell some random guy your name. Maybe I'm trying to kidnap you?" He joked and beamed into a radiant smile.

She slightly smiled too. "You don't seem like a kidnapper. Kidnappers are never angels".

He turned a crimson red. "You're right".

An awkward silence enveloped them Coincidentally they made eye contact. Jisoo was the first one to break the ice by throwing in a fit of laughter. She followed suit.

"You have a pretty smile" He complimented. "You should smile more"

Shyly and awkwardly, she nodded. It was the first time someone had actually noticed and complimented.

"Are you going to Busan as well" She asked.

Jisoo nodded. "Me and my friends were going together but there wasn't enough space for all of us to fit in the car. So we had a to play a game, and the loser had to take the train alone. I boarded a train but because I'm not fluent Korean, I ended up going all the way to Incheon. After waiting for long I finally got on the right train. And here I am now" He ended with a sigh.

"They're mean" She joked, obviously trying to cheer him up.
"Exactly! Finally someone gets me" Jisoo exclaimed.

The night deepened and so did the train in it's journey. The two youngster however spent their time talking and enjoying.

She wasn't talkative. Hell, she never even talked this much in her whole life but her company was friendly.

And maybe this small gesture of Hong Jisoo played an important role in the future. Who knows?