Chapter 17

Celeste's point of view

No one would tell me anything in this place and I know everything. But something went down and no one seems to want to tell me what. In the last week, I had played music for 2 old hag dignitaries, 1 boring preppy ball, and 1 very prissy princess from New Asia who wanted a full Concert in which there was no way in hell I would give. America would have given it to her. She would look at the bratty princess and think of her daughter, and then give the performance. I was not America.

Speaking of America, haven't seen her in a while. I'm not quite sure we're She went off to but she's not returning my calls and no one in this palace seems to know where she is. According to Silvia, she resigned and has gone off the map. Not a word about why. Silvia gave me a rant about how rude and improper it is but I tuned that out. She has apparently gone off the map, though I have a feeling that I know where she is.

Speaking of people who have gone MIA. The prince has been absent for quite a few days. Ames, Kendal, And I were always invited to eat dinner with the royal family. Queen Amberley and America were close and she was Maxon's girlfriend, so it only made sense that she would eat with them. I was invited along too. Queen Amberley and I like to joke around so I still go when I feel like it. Maxon hasn't attended any. Queen Amberley always gives me this forced smile and explains how he's very busy with work. I know that's fake news. No one has seen or heard from him. He's just always holed up in his study or room.

Therefore, with the two people who know what went down being nowhere to be found, I am left information-less. I hate being information-less. I want to be informed. And as many people know, I get what I want. And I want to know where my God daughter and best friend is and why I'm suddenly working this job as a solo. I can play piano but I'm no America.

My first plan of action was to try and find Maxon. But that's kinda been failing. There's a lot of hot guards and I'm a fine looking lady and we just naturally gravitate towards each other.

I waved daintily at Officer Avery flashing him my pristine teeth. "Good morning Officer."

He smiled.

"Celeste," He greeted.

"Have you seen Prince Maxon?" I asked innocently, running a hand down his arm.

"I'm afraid not, Miss. They reassigned me to Princess Maria of Spain's rotation, while she's in Illea," He explained.

I frowned.

"Plus. No ones seen him. Word around the street is that he only visits his room and the connected study and has had every meal he chooses to eat, delivered to his room."

"Does anyone know why?" I asked, placing my hand on his chest.

He gulped, his Adam's apple bobbing. "Uh, well. A few maids reported that they saw his girlfriend, your friend America, running out of their. Some sort of fight."

I smiled angelically. "A fight. I assumed. Well thank you." I stepped back turning down the hall. I looked over my shoulder. "I'll see you later, Officer."

He nodded, dazed.

Well that was useless. Nothing I hadn't known already. Obviously they had gotten into a fight and obviously he knew about Kendal. And he had pushed America away and was now trying to come to terms with it. That's understandable. He just found out he has a daughter. That can't be easy. He needs time. Well I don't give time. Those two are so obviously in love with each other. Their going to break each other apart. Wait.

I froze. "Officer?"

"Yeah?"

"You said maids deliver food to his room?" I asked.