;s e v e n t e e n;

a/n
just saying that I'll probs finish this really, really fucking soon, so be prepared luvs
i warned y'all
----

Jaemin didn't like to wake up in the morning. Despising the early hours was surely one of the reasons, but not the biggest. He just hated the fact that his heart hadn't stopped in a miraculous way while he was sleeping.
He also loathed the way he felt about morning but he couldn't help it.
Ever since Jeno got Renjun to be his boyfriend, everything went downhill. Jaemin didn't want to blame it on Jeno's relationship, though, he liked to believe that his best friend wasn't at fault, and it was himself who was too weak for this thing called life.

Yes, he was seeing his psychiatrist every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, but it didn't really help. Talking about his feelings wasn't the problem here, he just...Didn't really want to get better after all, it seemed. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped, right?

Jaemin had his hideout, although it was his, and Jeno's. He didn't mind, the latter wasn't there a lot anyway.
It wasn't the case this day, though, seeing as the first person Jaemin saw when he got to the meadow was his ex best friend, skipping school like he did. He felt his throat close a bit, but he paid no mind as he made his way to the older boy, sitting down next to him.

"I didn't expect to see you here" Jaemin said quietly, playing with a bit of the grass."You never really came here after you got together with Renjun."

"Yeah, I know. But we broke up, so I need this place to clear my mind" Jeno shrugged as he watched the tall trees that surrounded the two boys. He desperately wanted to say something, some kind of apology, but it felt like he suddenly became mute.

"Jeno?" the latter only hummed as an answer, signaling to Jaemin that he could continue."You have the prettiest fucking lips on this Earth, you know? And that eyesmile, makes me want to punch myself. Or you. But you make want to hit you anyways. And your laugh is my favorite sound in the world, I'd record it and put it as my ringtone, but obviously I can't. You hurt me a lot these past months, more, than you should have, but I guess I'm just being a petty bitch, aren't I? Not forgiving you and everything. I--"

"No, shut up" Jeno shook his head, sighing a bit."I hurt you, but I kind of get it why you don't want to forgive me. Only a bit, but still..I know I hurt you a lot. I just can't get my head around why you still don't want to be friends again"Jeno bit his lower lip.

"Because it would be a lie" Jaemin replied, a soft smile playing on his lips."I can't see you only as a friend, Jeno, I'm in too deep"Jaemin chuckled quietly. The sound was anything but happy, and Jeno swore he could hear his heart shattering into millions of pieces in his chest.

"Jaemin?" he whispered.

"Yeah?" Nana lifted his head up and watched curiously as his ex best friend sat more closely to him, making their thighs and arms touch.

"Can I kiss you?"

Jaemin knew it was a bad idea, oh damn well he did, but he nodded nonetheless, leaning in to capture Jeno's lips in a soft, chaste kiss.

{KAKAOTALK}

jeyes

2:17pm

baemin
so

baemin
about the kiss

jeyes
what about it?

baemin
are we

baemin
a thing now or something?

jeyes
no?

jeyes
I just kissed you, it probably lasted 10 seconds lmao

jeyes
friends kiss sometimes, don't give it too much meaning

jeyes
so are we good finally?:)))

baemin
Of course we are!^^

jeyes
yeeeeesss thank fucking god

jeyes
do u want to come over

baemin
Uhhh I can't really come rn, but I can stop bye later. Bye, Jeno

jeyes
kkkkk, byeee ttyl

baemin
I really love you ❗
message not sent!check internet connection!

baemin
I'm sorry. ❗
message not sent!check internet connection!