Sweetheart

A/N: 

Also, this chapter is dedicated to Lolyta for being the first one to figure out who portrays Gregory; Joe Walker. Good job to her for knowing the wonders of Starkid and the very talented Joe Walker. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot water poured down my body, stinging my skin. It soothed my frantic heart, swept away my tears, and cleared my head. As soon as Francis left the room, I ran into the bathroom.

With shaky hands, I had locked the door and backed into a corner. There I had sat for the longest time, trying to remember how to breathe. I felt like a coward when I had sat there, but there wasn't much I could do. The man scared me. 

I stayed up the entire night, staring into the darkness until finally the sun crept through the drapes. Francis woke a short time later, but stayed by my side for what seemed like hours. The smell of cologne still haunted my mind. One of his hands stayed wrapped around my waist, while the other one twirled designs on my bare arm. His simple touch caused goose bumps to rise on my flesh.

I held myself in a hug, remembering his light touch. If I wasn't trying to get myself clean, I would have puked. The water from the shower continued to make its way down my body as I stood still. Everything I did past in a slow blur. I didn't even remember turning off the water or wrapping a towel around my body. 

The cold from the tiled floor crept up my feet. I knew I had to get out of this dazed state, but I couldn't seem to get my body to work. I couldn't handle knowing that his hands had touched my skin. Knowing that he had just slept in the same bed with me, and I was helpless to do anything about it. 

Get a hold of yourself Haitlin, my conscious roared. You need to stop moping around, acting like you are helpless. Do something about it instead of just standing there!

I bit my lip until I tasted my blood. I knew I had to toughen up, but for the first time in my life, I was fearful. Of course when I was little things scared me, but my dad and brother were always there to save me. Here, I am completely and utterly alone. Here, my fear wasn't something petty, but a terrifying man; a man who seemed to be getting too friendly lately. 

I could handle a lot of things, but a man touching me like I was his just broke me. I was still innocent, and I didn't want him to take that away from me. He took away my family, home, friends, life, but I wouldn't let him take away my innocence. Before, I had a faint hope that maybe he just wanted me as another daughter, but all hope of that was swept away from his actions. 

He was too touchy feely. I had only been here for three days and he acted as though his actions were normal. The man had to be crazy. No normal human being would take a girl from her home, and act the way he does without being crazy. Great I am living with an insane kidnapper, I thought to myself. 

My eyes darted up, and I realized had had backed myself to the wall. Slowly, I scanned the room trying to find something to sooth my mind. What I saw only made my eyes widen, and my heart to halt. 

On the counter top was something that had not been in here when I first stepped into the shower. I was sure of it. An emerald green blouse was laid out on top of a pair of jeans. My breath caught in my throat. 

He wanted me to wear this. No, that wasn't why I was nearing having a heart attack. It was because of how that outfit had found its way into the bathroom. Someone had to of put it there. I felt my stomach flip and I raced over to the toilet. Making it just in time, I spilled the contents of my stomach into the porcelain bowl.