The Doll Named Robyn

When I had decided we were far enough away from the house, I stopped. I folded my arms over my chest and rubbed my arms as if I was cold, even though I had a sweater on. I bit my lip and looked away, pretending to try and ignore the fact that I was supposedly cold. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Francis look back at me.

"Are you cold, Sugar?" he asked in a soft voice.

"N-no, not really," I pretended to stutter.

I wrapped my arms tighter around myself and made my teeth chatter. Hopefully I looked cold and helpless, just the way I wanted it. If he was the gentleman he tried to be, when he wasn't beating me, he would give me his coat. The coat he kept his truck keys in. 

Once I had gotten over the shock, I decided to temporarily ignore the kiss. I could not have that clouding my judgment or my plan. The rage I hid away could show itself when I was free or when I decided to run Francis over with his truck if he tried to stop me. Okay, so maybe a little rage leaked into my judgment.

Suddenly, I felt two arms wrap around my body from behind and pulled me in close. My body automatically tensed up from the unexpected action. Trying to control myself from blowing my act, I attempted to calm myself. My muscles slowly relaxed, and my arms went limp.

I felt Francis's stubble brush against my neck and my body shuttered. I hated being this close to this sickening man. I hated how he touched me like I was his. Calm down, I told myself repeatedly. I cannot afford to stop my act now, I am already so far. 

Taking in a strained breath, I closed my eyes. I had to calm myself down or else I would blow my chance at escaping. I tried thinking about what I would be welcomed home to when I got out of this hell hole. 

My dad would probably never let me leave his sight again. I wouldn't put it past him to have me on constant watch for the rest of my life. He would become overprotective and not even let me leave the house. Honestly, I don't think I would mind that. After this experience I would gladly stay in the safety of my own home. 

My mom would most likely just cry. I would probably be suffocated in one of her bear hugs too. She would want me to tell her everything, and reassure me everything will be alright. After she heard my story I don't know what she would do. My guess was that she would either pity me the rest of my life, or try to hunt down Francis. My mom may be sweet, but she knows how to take charge and kick ass. 

I do not know what Gregory would do. He is the wild card of the family. First, he would probably give me a silent hug. Then he would demand me to tell me what happened. After I told him everything, he would storm off cussing. Finally, he would come back with a grim look on his face, look me in the eyes, and vow to kill Francis. What can I say; my family has a bit of a violent streak.

The thoughts of my family brought a smile to my face and tears to my eyes. When I felt arms pull me tighter into their body, I realized where I was. Taking in a deep breath, I put on a frightened face and slowly turned around.

"Please don't," I whispered while looking down.

My body was now facing his, but I couldn't stand to look in his eyes yet. It would shatter the thin wall of sanity that held my anger back and I wasn't ready for it. I needed time to process everything that had happened in the past ten minutes- heck past three days- and decide how to proceed. 

"N-nothing," I sighed.

I just couldn't risk my plan to tell him to stop.

"Something is wrong," he said.

He tilted my head up and looked into my eyes. I don't know what he saw in them, but it made his eyes soften. Maybe he saw the fear that had been deeply rooted in my heart since I met him.