Chpt 8: Game of Fetch

( Alrighty before we start this chapter I just need to ask one thing!  So for future use should I call the dog, y/n or the actual name of the character? Thank you very much for your time! You may now continue your reading!)

 The sky was turning shades of purple and pink, as the sun sank behind the horizon. You laid in the dirt, outside of Bobby's place, next to Sam and Dean. Dean was leaning against a wooden post, as Sam was sitting next to you, close to your side. You watched as he opened the brown bag that smelled of food, and took something out and handed it to Dean. He then pulled out a round shaped object, that contained something similar to plants.

   "I still can't believe you eat that stuff" Dean murmured, as he unwrapped the thing that was given to him, and took a wide bite.

   "Yeah well I can't believe you eat that, it's the literal definition of a heart attack" Sam chuckled. "Well who cares this thing is freakin delicious!" Dean commented, as he was enchanted by his meal. The taller man pulled out one more item from the bag, its shaped just like Deans was. Sam unwrapped the object and placed it in front of you.

   You looked up at him, tilting your head. "Go on its yours," he smiles as he gives you a pat on the head. You sniff at the foreign object, and you couldn't deny it, it smelled truly amazing. Just the scent of it made you stomach rumble. You let out a whine and look back at Sam, who was eating the green plants.

   You turn your gaze back at the wonderful smelling object, leaning forward you paw at it, making it collapse into separate pieces. You then bite down on the piece that smells like beef, it's marvelous taste makes your mouth water, you hurry and gobble up the rest off the food until you realize it's gone.

  "Jesus somebody's hungry," you heard Dean speak up, you lift your head and look at him, he had red sauce smeared on his face. Sam chuckled, "we should of gotten some more" "That's for sure! I don't think she even chewed it!" Sam continued to chuckle, then looked up at his brother, he tossed his head back as his chuckle turned into a loud laugh.

   "What?" Dean questioned. "Oh uh nothing," he held back a smile, and looked back at you. Wagging your tail, you shuffled over next to Sam, and rested your head on his knee. He leaned over you and picked up the material that once covered your food, he then crumbled it up and place it in the brown bag.

   You let out a yawn, still wagging your tail, as you nuzzled the mans pants. Sam's hand then goes down your back, his fingertips running through your soft warm fur. You look up at the man, and let out a huff. He smiles before pulling his hand away, to continue eating his food.

   A few minutes pass by, as you lay peacefully with your eyes closed, and your tail swishing through the dirt and grass. Your ears suddenly twitch when you hear the wrinkle of paper, opening an eye, you see Dean crumbling up his trash and placing it in the brown bag, just like Sam has done.

   You watch as Dean then moves around, and picks something off the ground. You lift up your head curiously, you feel Sam pat the side of your neck, as he watches Dean too. "What are you doing?" He questions. "You'll see," Dean then picks up a large stick, and turns back towards you and Sam.

   You tilt your head, moving your paws around just to lift yourself up a bit. Dean wiggles the stick around in his hands, "can you fetch? Huh wanna play fetch!" The shorter man speaks in a higher pitched voice, with a goofy smile on his face. "I don't know if she does, Dean" Sam chuckles. "Welp there's only one way to find out. Fetch!" Dean then throws the stick a good distance away, you suddenly jump up on you feet, stepping on Sams knee, which makes him grunt, and start running after it.

  "Ha! See she knows how to play!" Dean laughs as he watches you run off. "Huh...Well thats interesting," Sam chuckles, as he rubs his knee, watching you pick up the stick, and start running back towards them. 

   Sam listens to loud huffs of breaths you make, with the stick in your mouth. "Alright drop it," Dean orders as he reaches for the stick. You pull away from his hand, making a playful growling noise. "Hey! You want me to throw it again or what!" Dean tries to make another grab for the stick, once again you pull away in a little spin motion. "Come on!" Dean tries it again this time successfully, he pulls the stick in his direction, as you pull in the other, continuing to growl. You paw at his hand, as you pull roughly. The sound of Sams laugh distracts you, and suddenly Dean pulls the stick out of your mouth.

  You bark at him, as you jump up, trying to grab the stick from his hand. "Cool it Scooby-Doo and let me throw the damn stick!" He says with a smile, you growl and sit down, waiting for the man to throw the branch. Suddenly he throws the stick, this time farther than the last, your gone in a matter of seconds as you chase after it.

   Dean cackles, as he wiped the drool off his hands, "so are we just gonna ignore it or what?" "What?" Sam looks at his brother confused. "The whole incident back at the dinner, we can't just let it go without talking about it," Deans smile was replaced with a more serious look. "Okay... What is there to talk about?" Sam huffed as he lifted himself off the ground, swatting at the dirt on his jeans.

  "Well how about how that guy wasn't human" Dean crossed his arms, turning his gaze towards you; who are tossing the stick around in the distance. "What do you mean wasn't human?" Sam questioned, "well remember how Old-Yeller suddenly lashed out, when the demon attacked us the first time we met her?" "Yeah and?" "And ever since we met her that's the only time she did that" Sam went quiet for a moment, "so your saying that guy was a demon" Dean turned his gaze back to his brother, "exactly. It explains how he suddenly disappeared out-a-freakin-no-where" "So that means-" "The demons were tracking her, and they now know that we have her" "Well isn't that great..," Sam sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

   You trot back over to Dean, with the stick in your mouth, dropping it at Deans feet. You let out a yawn; feeling tired. Dean picked up the stick, and a sudden disgusted look appeared on his face, "you have got to be kidding me" The man dropped the sick, as drool covered his hands. Sam laughed and looked up at the sky. The sun was gone, and the sky was dark, with only a few stars glowing brightly. The taller man let out a yawn, bending over to pick up the brown bag. "I think we should get inside... It's getting late," he stretched out his arms.

   Dean looked at his brother, and shrugged his shoulders, and clasped his hands together, "yeah I agree, I think i'm ready to hit the hay!" A small smug smile appeared on his face, you looked over at Sam, who picked up the rope off the ground, tying it to the loop of your collar. "Come on let's go in" Dean spoke and whipped a hand across his mouth, only to pull it away his hand and see red sauce on it. "Seriously Sam!? You couldn't of told me I had ketchup on my face!?" The man spoke frustrated. "What I thought you were saving it for later" Sam huffed out a laugh, and began to walk to the door.

   Once he opened it, the familiar smell of the house met your nose, you shuffled in, happy to feel the cool air of the ac on your fur. Sam through the brown bag, in the garbage bin, and walked you over to the kitchen table. He tied the other end of the rope around the table leg, and then ruffled the tuft of fur on your jaw. You leaned into his touch, wagging your tail. "Sorry girl, but your gonna have to stay here for the night" He spoke with his voice low, you stared into his brownish-hazel eyes, as he stared into yours. The tall man then stood up, his hand leaving your fur. You let out a whine as he walked away towards the stairs, "night hooch" Dean spoke as he followed his brother.