Chpt 23: A Good Night's Rest

The hunter sprinted down the stairs and ran over to the orange couch. "Y/n?" Dean pulled the blanket just to find no one. "Dammit!" He then went over to the fully open door and ran outside under the light of the moon. "Y/n!" The hunter called out, looking around of any trace of you.

  You lean against one of the many rusty old cars; resting your head against your knees. You try to clear your mind of your dream, but it just keeps flashing back- like an endless record. You suddenly jump up as you hear your name being called. You hesitate on responding back- you don't even know if you can respond; it feels like your voice has been stripped away from you. "Y/n!" Your name is called again. Taking a breath in you finally respond back, "Dean?" "Y/n? Where are you?" You stared at the bracelet around your wrist, "over here"

  You listen to the shuffling of footsteps heading towards you, but you didn't look up when they stopped. You simply just didn't want to look at the man. "Y/n, what are you doing out here?" Dean asked as you hear him put away his weapon. It makes you cringe as you imagine the sound of a gunshot. "I couldn't sleep," is all you say. You hear the hunter sigh before he sits down in the dirt next to you. "That's it?" He asks, with a hint of concern in his voice. Once again you hesitate on your answer. "..No," you mumble under your breath. "Y/n, look at me. What's wrong?" You feel his hand on your shoulder, and you let out a sigh before looking at the man. All you can imagine is him holding a gun, with the look of shock and anger on his face. "Y/n?" "I had a nightmare," you whisper quietly. "Oh..Do you want to talk about it?" You quickly shake your head no, "I don't want to remember any bit of it!" Dean sighs, "I know the feeling... Come on let's go inside before one of us catches a cold" He sits up and gives you a hand, you take his kind offer and he helps you up, just before he walks you back into the house.

  Dean looked over at the clock on the wall, "It's only four... Do you think you can still fall asleep?" "No.. Sorry" "No need to be sorry, come on I'll stay up with ya" You watched as Dean walked over to the couch and took a seat, "come on!" You gain a small smile at his kindness, "thank you, Dean" You go and sit down on the couch next to him. "Can I ask you something?" Dean speaks smoothly. "Of course" You watched the hunter purse his lips before speaking, "how much do you like it here?" "I like it very much, I enjoy being with everyone here. It's much better than what I had before" Dean went quiet for a moment, "huh... All right" "Can I ask you something?" You comment back. " 'Course, hit me" "Do you like me being here?" Dean seemed to hesitate with his answer, "Sure I do!" You don't know if you can him believe or not, but you don't question him. "So...What's our big adventure for tomorrow?" You continue on with the conversation. "I don't know... Say, have you ever been on a hunt before? Like, have you ever encountered a monster  before?" You think to yourself for a minute, "other than a demon I don't think so.." "Huh, well then I think we just found our adventure" "What do you mean?" "We'll talk about it once Sam's awake," the hunter smiled.

  The two of you continued to talk to each other until eventually, you both passed out from the lack of sleep.

  Sam grog-fully walked down the stairs; still in his sleepwear, with bed-ridden hair, wondering where his brother is. He walked right past the living area, and into the kitchen opening a cabinet to get some coffee grounds. He grabbed the grounds and began to pour them into the coffee maker, just before he filled it with water. After the whole process was over, he walked over to the living area, and what did he see?

  His brother snoring away, sitting up straight on the couch, and next to him on the other side of the couch, was you halfway on the arm of the cushion and halfway off, with your arm dangling off the edge of it. Sam laughed to himself at the sight of this beautiful scene. He then walked back into the kitchen, letting the two of you sleep.

(Sorry for the super short and crappy chapter! I'm still very busy, we're currently moving so I don't have that much time to type or do anything, (and I'm currently obsessing over Boys in the Trees) but I'll still be trying to get in what I can!)