○ Prologue ○

fate - the development of events beyond a person's control, regarded as determined by a supernatural power.

soulmate - a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner.

Fate made sure you found your soulmate; from having their first initial appearing on the inside of your wrist when you turn sixteen, a particular event happening in your soulmates life appearing on the opposite wrist, to receiving a message saying a random sentence your soulmate had said that day.

For me, I had gotten the random sentence a day.

I had always loved the idea of finding my soulmate. To me, it was such a magical thing to have a other half out there somewhere, looking for you also.

On my sixteenth birthday, I woke up probably more excited then I needed to be. My parents had no idea how I would receive the message, seeing they had gotten each others initials on their wrists. 

That night, I was laying in bed when a small light appeared on my nightstand table before slowly fading away. I raised an eyebrow and sat up, seeing a slip of paper resting where the light just was. Picking it up, I saw a sentence printed on it.

"Just a typical homecoming, on the outside of an invisible jet, fighting my girlfriends dad."

I blinked and slowly folded the paper back up before setting it back down.

This guy sounds crazy already.

Wonderful.

It wasn't until the Summer before my senior year my parents told me we were moving. It wasn't too far a move; from Virginia up to New York. Though, we had just gotten a new student with the name Phil that I was almost positive was my soulmate.

Or maybe it was wishful thinking on my part.

None the less, we are now leaving for Queens, New York in the middle of Summer right before my senior year.

To top it all off, I had gotten accepted into a big science and technology school, Midtown High.

Seeing that I wanted to go into the science field, it was a big win on my parents part for finding the school in the first place.

Placing the packing tape to the side, I walked over to my window and looked down at the street in front of my house. Tomorrow would be the last day I would ever step outside of this house onto that road. Sighing, I ran a hand through my messy hair before just throwing it up in a bun.

I glanced outside one last time before turning away and plopping down on the bed.

Here's to new beginnings.