○ 4 ○

○ • ○ • ○ • ○ • ○

A few weeks had passed and still no hope for my soulmate. I laid out all of the slips in front of me on the floor of my bedroom, sighing as I read through some of them. Things about school, his aunt, and now more things about aliens and tracking stuff. I shook my head, gently putting them back in the box I kept them in. This felt so hopeless. I feel as if I'm never going to meet him.

I stood and put the box back on its spot on my nightstand, checking the time as I done so. It was a Saturday and none of my friends were in town. The Academic Decathlon team had a tournament they were heading to today in Washington, D.C., and with me not being on the team, I had to stay here by myself. Even my parents were too busy with work to spend any time with me.

I pulled out my phone and quickly texted Peter, asking if they were close to D.C. or if they had made it already. After hanging out with Peter so much, I had come to realize that I had a small crush on the dorky boy. Which absolutely sucked in a world of soulmates. In a way, I hoped Peter was my soulmate, but after seeing stuff about aliens, I was slowly coming to terms with him not being mine. I mean, why would Peter Parker, out of all people, have anything to do with aliens?

I looked down at my phone, not seeing a reply from him. Sighing, I shoved the phone into my pocket and grabbed my purse, deciding on going out for coffee... by myself.

Thrilling.

○ • ○ • ○ • ○ • ○

I stared at the video MJ was showing me in shock, my eyes staying on the red and blue clad hero, swinging around the Washington Monument, "How did he even get there?"

"I have a theory, but I'm not 100% sure about it." she murmured, shaking her head.

I copied her actions and ran a hand through my hair, "I'm glad everyone's okay. I bet that was terrifying."

"It was pretty scary."

"Was Peter up there, too?" I asked her, now looking throughout the hallway to see if I could see him anywhere."

"No, actually. He claims he got lost and showed up as we were heading home."

I gave her a questioning look, making her shrug her shoulders at me again before waving slightly and walking down the hall. I sighed and grabbed my Chemistry book, shutting my locker softly afterwards. As I turned around, I was greeted with a chin ramming into my forehead. I gasped and backed up quickly, my eyes meeting the brown ones of Peter. I narrowed my eyes at him, "I haven't heard from you all weekend."

Peter rubbed his chin, his eyes inspecting my forehead, "I know, I-I was busy. I'm sorry. Is your head okay?"

"It's fine," I sighed, gently rubbing the sore spot, "I know you were busy. I was just lonely, I guess. Did you see Spider-Man at all? I wonder why he was up that way."

He quickly shook his head and shrugged, "No idea. I didn't see him either. I actually missed the tournament."

"Yeah, I heard," I chuckled, the warning bell ringing, "I'll see you at lunch?"

"Definitely." Peter smiled softly.

I nodded and threw my hand up in a wave, walking down towards my next class. Something with Peter's story just didn't seem right, even though it matched MJ's. I pushed it to the back of my mind, just happy my friends were finally home safe.

 ○ • ○ • ○ • ○ • ○

A glow caught my eye, causing me to sigh and walk over to my nightstand, picking up the slip.

'I'm causing a whole bunch of trouble, man. I have to prove to Tony that I'm capable of all this. That I'm capable of being Spider-Man.'

I stared down at the slip in shock, my eyes widening and jaw dropping. First off, Spider-Man is just in high school? Secondly, my soulmate is Spider-Man?