○ 1 ○

I let out a loud breath and studied the outfit I slid on a few moments ago; a pair of ripped, dark washed jeans, a loose fitting grey t-shirt with a light maroon cardigan. I've never been one to dress up or try to look cute, but I figured since I was starting a brand new school today, I'd try to make a good first impression.

Shrugging my shoulders, I slipped on some random sandals before picking up my backpack full of new notebooks and school books. Breathing in deeply through my nose, I left the quiet of my new bedroom and walked into the kitchen. My parents had starting going to work earlier than I could even imagine getting up for so I barely saw them in the mornings anymore.

Grabbing a muffin, I quickly stepped out of the house and started walking down the street towards the train station. The papers I had received about Midtown claimed that the train was the best way to get there, seeing as it stopped right at the school. I bit down on the muffin as I slowly made my way down the street, doing my best to memorize the buildings around me. From unpacking to figuring out my classes, I had no time to explore anything yet.

I finally made it to the train and stepped on, squeezing my way past people while trying to find an empty seat. Not finding one, I ended up beside a pole and wrapped my arm around it gently, tapping my foot as the doors started to close. Right before they shut completely, a guy that looked about my age slipped in, managing to tumble into a couple of people. I smiled to myself and looked out the window to my left as the train started moving.

"I'm so, so sorry. I-I can't be late for school again and I just had to- I didn't mean to run into you."

I glanced at the guy who had just ran onto the train as he apologized again and again to the people he had bumped into. They shook their heads at them before completely disregarding him. I took in his features; brown hair that looked to be gelled back but is now slightly messy due to his running, a cute face with brown eyes that stood out. He was sporting a Midtown Academic Decathlon hoodie with a simple pair of jeans and tennis shoes.

I bit my bottom lip, debating on if I should speak to him before deciding against it. He didn't need some random girl bothering him on the first day of school. I saw him start to turn his head in my direction, causing me to quickly turn my head back towards the window.

After about ten minutes, the train slowed to a stop near a football field in front of a large school. My mouth dropped open at the sight of it as I let my arm fall off the pole, "Holy sh-"

"Are you going or what?" a voice said rudely behind me.

I quickly apologized and started following people out of the train, jogging down the stairs and stepping onto the football field. I looked around at all the students making their way towards the school, my feet slowly pushing me after them.

I had never seen a high school this big. What were my parents thinking when they helped me sign up for this? How the hell did I even get accepted into this place? Shaking my hands out at my side, I quickened my pace. I glanced around at the people I passed, seeing them already looking in my direction. Seeing as this was such an advanced school to get into, I'm not surprised they didn't get too many new students. I just didn't expect people to instantly notice me.

Finally making it into the school, I ignored even more looks and dodged other people as I worked my way over to my locker. Checking the paper to make sure I had went to the right locker, I nodded to myself and put in the combination and pulling it open. Looking at the bare inside, I sighed and threw my backpack down on the ground before emptying its contents into the locker.

"Well, hello, there."

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned my head towards the source of the voice, seeing a dark skinned guy standing there with a cocky smirk. I groaned quietly, "Can I help you?"

"I just noticed you were new and thought I'd come introduce myself." he smirked, leaning up against the locker beside of mine.

"I think I'm good," I stated slowly, "But thanks for the offer."

"The name's Flash," the guy stated, completely ignoring what I had said, "Flash Thompson."

"Good for you." I frowned, shutting my locker and beginning to walk away.

"C'mon, sweet cheeks! Don't leave me hanging here."

"Leave her be, Flash." a bored sounding voice stated from my other side.

I jumped and turned my head to my right, seeing a girl with a messy ponytail walking with a book held up to her face.

"Whatever. You'll come running to me before you know it." Flash winked before walking the other direction.

"Um, thanks for that-"

"Yeah." the girl stated before turning down a different hallway.

I stopped and nodded slightly before looking down at my schedule, seeing I had advanced biochemistry first period. Room 213 with Mr. Brooks. I heard the bell ring, causing me to look around, not seeing people rushing to get to class. Must have been a warning bell. I took notice of the room numbers before realized 213 would most likely be on the second floor.

Making my to the nearest staircase, I jogged up them quickly before making my way down the correct hallway, stepping into the room just as the last bell went off. I froze when I saw most of the students look at me with questioning glances. I cleared my throat and made my way back to an empty table, quickly setting my stuff down before setting myself down.

My eyes landed on a familiar face, realizing it was the guy from the train. He smiled slightly before turning back to face the front. Sighing quietly, I slumped down and stared at my hands. This was going to be a long day.