Girl's night out (11)

I went home to look for my belongings.  Miranda accompanied me. Blake left the house early not only to leave us alone but because he didn't feel comfortable around me, he didn't have to say it, I just knew.

Somewhere between the weird late lunch we shared and the random talk about my movies and romantic scenes with Miranda, I felt him getting uneasy. Around five he stood up from the couch and called Miranda to the kitchen. I heard them argue about something. I didn't want to eavesdrop so I walked to the balcony to enjoy the view. The backyard still had the fairy lights around the trees.

They raised their voices,  not in anger but in frustration. I heard them argue about me and whether or not tell me the truth. What truth? I heard him say that things will never be the same and then he asked Miranda not to tell me, yet.

I stayed where I was, pretending not to have heard anything.  He walked out of the kitchen in a rush, his face red as his chest raised up and down, heavy breathing. He then locked confused eyes with mine. He stood there for a second before walking out of the house.

I still had questions for Miranda about what she told me the last time I was in that house. She came beside me and said something about how they can't agree sometimes.

It has kept me awake all these nights those three words He loves you. He loves you. He loves you.

“You have to take a bathing suit with you!” Miranda said bringing me back to the present moment. 

“I'm staying only one night. Why would I need it?” I asked her while I walked to the bathroom to get my beauty supplies. My makeover girl would be frantic  if she knew the amount of hours I have spent under the sun the last few days. I knew she will have a big challenge when I go back. 

“ We always go to the lake, remember?” I did. I thought it was a childish thing to do now that we were older but I didn't say anything. I wanted to keep that smile on her face.

“ Okay! Then, everything is ready!” I said taking my small bag and walking out of my room.

Miranda followed my lead, slowly, taking her time. I didn't want her to get too tired.

Dad wasn't home. As I passed his door and noticed it was locked. I sent him a text while I was getting in my car. Miranda was driving their truck and that's when we went separate ways.

We agreed I would take my car, because she was going to make a stop to see Camille at her mom’s. I had the key to her house which I was planning not to lose before getting there. I kept losing things since I was born I guess.

Marley and Joshua’s house was near the ranch. Since I was near I decided to make a stop to pick her up and save her the trouble of driving at night. She was really tired lately.

It was an incredibly beautiful night in Colorado Springs. The autumn carried a certain mystical breeze that could put you in a trance. I felt like I could conquer the world. The more the days passed the less I thought about Ryan.  The wounds he inflicted on me were healing slowly. I still had the scars on my back but I'll call my doctor to see what she can prescribe to make them go away.

I walked to their front door, smiling at all the possible options we have to enjoy this night.  This could get catastrophic with us around. I rang the doorbell obviously excited and thrilled for tonight. 

“ Wait a minute!” a silvery voice resounded behind the door.

After a few seconds, that felt like minutes,  the door flew wide open in front of me. He stared at me for a moment and then he smiled and whispered something to himself. I think I understood wrong,  because I thought he said “here she is with those damn shorts again"