Revelations (22)

"You kissed me ..." his voice sounded confused.

"Yes, I kissed you. The result was having a tractor walking in my stomach. It was short and simple, because the last thing I wanted to do was to wake you up, "I said with an embarrassed smile as I enjoyed his intense eyes.

"Why didn't you say anything?" He asked as he stood up from the chair and ran his hands through his hair. He stood with his back to me as he stared out at the horizon of the lake. Already the rays of sun were out falling on the water. " I thought your first kiss was that night during that summer"

"For the same reason that you didn't do it," I said in a fearful voice of what might result from this conversation. "Blake...that was my first kiss. To kiss you while sleeping can't count as my first kiss"

I had no intention of initiating a relationship with anyone at this time but clarifying things between us could enable us to recover what we had lost through so much confusion.

"I feared that our friendship would be ruined if I told you what I felt. I always thought you had strong feelings for Joshua ...I stepped back for him" he explained still with eyes fixed in the lake.

"Joshua never felt anything for me. Why should you have held back what you felt? "I asked, moving closer to him.

"It's not my secret to tell but there are things from our youth that were not as we thought they were," he said in a trembling voice full of memories, then he smiled and shook his head.

He looked at me and he didn't hesitate for a moment to interlaced his fingers with mine. Then he looked at our hands and hugged me. His hands around my waist felt so comforting.

"What would have happened if we had said something?" He asked me, but his gaze was lost somewhere on my head.

I just looked at him and I thought like him in so many things that we could have lived together. My heart was filled with an emotion of immense solitude. I enjoyed for a minute his hot body against mine. The comfort of his arms around me and the breeze of his breath on my ear. I knew that question didn't need to be answered so I just kept silent.

"Miranda! Blake! "Joshua's animated voice interrupted our thoughts as we held each other. We pulled apart immediately but still holding our gaze of an unspoken sentiment.

" In the kitchen!" Blake yelled and in seconds the tall figure of Joshua appeared on the door frame.

We had pulled apart but we were still too close to each other. We didn't notice that our hands were still in each others.

"Did you pack your things?!" he said walking through the door. That's when he noticed me and I couldn't help seeing the anger that arose in his eyes when he saw us. His gaze immediately landed on our hands which Blake dropped suddenly as if he was holding the plague. "Hey Liv!" he said smiling covering rapidly the growing anger in his eyes.

" I did. What time are we leaving?" he asked frowning and walking away from me towards the fridge.

" Now" Joshua said in a hurry.

" Where are you guys going?" I asked as I saw Blake take two beers and give one to Joshua. They just looked at each other waiting for one of them to answer "It is seven in the morning why are you drinking?" I said while taking the beers from them.

Neither of them let me and Blake just lifted his arm up so I couldn't reach it. He mouthed "stop it" while he gave me a devilish smirk.

" hmm" Joshua looked at Blake and then Blake looked back at him. They were planning a lie and I could see it on how they shared looks.