Chapter 10

"Uh, may I talk to you? My name is...... Choi Minki, but please call me Ren," said the mysterious stranger as he timidly walks inside the empty classroom.

"Oh, of course. What do you need to talk about with me?" said our sunshine, speaking a bit softer than normal to not scare off the smaller male

"Well, you see, sir. I don't think you have noticed me in the hallways but I do see you a lot and I thought that I would ask you why you were always either deep in thought or crying"

'Choi Minki, huh. He's quite observant for someone who looks kind of oblivious'. Of course, Hoseok was very shocked to hear someone, that was not his student, question about his well-being. He was not insulting the young boy in any way. If we think about, it's probably from the shock of being easily read by a stranger.

His internal debate took longer than necessary seeing as the younger boy began to nervously play with his fingers.

'What if I offended him? I should apologize for being insensitive' Minki thought, as the older male kept looking at him blankly, eyes not expressing any emotion, just blank.

As soon as Minki opened his mouth, the teacher beat him to it

"Do you want to know?"

"I... pardon?" said the confused boy

"Do you want to know why I was always deep in thought?" Hoseok clarified his question

"Only if you're comfortable with it, sir." the high school boy felt out of place with the amount of pain, betrayal, and ...love in the eyes of the other.

"Alright, I'll tell you but after my story, you have to keep it a secret okay, Mr. Choi?"

"Sir, just call me Minki, no need for the formal speech when it's just the two of us"

"Alright, Minki. Now... where do you want me to start?"

Unnoticed by both the student and teacher, there was another person in the room, who will be later introduced, don't worry though, it's someone familiar.

Flashback

It was dark, cold, and intimidating

Walking into a house full of history was not uncommon in the daily routine of Jung Hoseok. However, the "secrets" that the house hides was shown to the young man ever since he was a child.

Everyday was loud, chaotic, and stressful for him. Even when the house was quiet, he could hear all of the profanity his father was shouting, every sob from when his mother broke down where she thinks no one would hear them, each thud, and every sound that made his smile dim and his eyes lose their brightness.

He felt trapped. Unwanted. Unloved. And lonely. He knew he couldn't escape his house. It was a reminder that he was a weak boy with a brittle heart. After all, what could a teenage boy do? He was powerless and so he waited. He waited for hours to turn into days. Weeks into months. Months into years. Until he was old enough to be free from the cage he once lived in. He was able to fly. Get a teaching certificate at a young age and learn to be happy again.

Until one day..

___________
Hello, it's chilepill
I apologize for not updating in years so here's a short chapter!! And if any of you guys are interested, I'm in need of a beta reader for my fanfics and whatnot. It's not only for my kpop fanfics but also my anime fanfics. If you guys are interested, message me through my dms or via email (clarissepsantos13@gmail.com). Actually, you can message me about anything!! I don't mind hehe. Stay safe!!