Chapter 2

~~~

Guan Shan finally found the one recipe he knew would impress his professor. Braised Leeks with Mozerella and a fried egg that's topped with mustardy bread crumbs by Charleen Badman. A simple dish but he knew the taste would be extraordinary judging from the picture. He never made it before but he's confident that he could make it exactly like the one in the photo. Just when he's in the middle of reading the ingredients, a giant hand covered his laptop screen and he quickly looks up at the owner. A scowl appears on his face and he slapped the hand away.

"What do you want?"

"Someone didn't answer my texts so I went looking for them." He Tian smiles and pulls up a chair in front of the redhead. A couple of girls began looking over to their direction and he wanted to leave. The amount of attention isn't something he's used to and it only made him a bit anxious. But when he finds himself oogling eyes at He Tian's perfect hair that's been swept back and the fucking bastard even shaved both sides of his head to match Guan Shan's hair of having shaved one side only because "they're friends now", annoyance quickly replaced his anxious feeling. Out of everyone He Tian could hang out with, he chooses to bother him specifically.

Why couldn't the universe be good to him for once?

"I was in class, bastard. Now that you're here, what do you want?" Guan Shan didn't have time to deal with the guy right now. His class starts in half an hour and he had to focus on learning about the dish.

"I just want to hang out with you before your next class. Let's chit chat until then." He Tian stood up and heads over to the register to get himself an Americano. Guan Shan rolled his eyes and focus his attention back on his laptop.

"Yo He Tian!" A loud voice called out to the black hair male.

"Oh? So you actually transferred to here? I'm surprised you even got accepted to Beijing University with that low IQ of yours." He Tian turns back to the girl and gave her his winning smile after he ordered his drink. The barista flushes and quickly went to go make his drink while he chats with his friends.

The barista then hands him his drink and he winked at her. He peek over to Guan Shan to see his reaction but sighs when the redhead isn't even looking at him.

"Fuck you, bastard! Nice to see you too!" The blonde male gave him the finger and then stood up to give him a side hug.

"I'm just joking. Congrats on coming here, guys. But I gotta go. Got a little puppy waiting for me. Talk to you two later." He Tian gives a little wave to the couple and heads on over to Guan Shan.

"Hey! But-!"

"Stop making a fuss, some people are trying to study!" A different voice spoke up and hits the loud one on the head. Guan Shan didn't bother to look up because he's too busy trying to memorize the cooking directions and he can't do that if he glances up.

But those fucking voices were so damn familiar as if he heard them somewhere. Guan Shan didn't bother to figure it out because he really didn't care and anyone who's a friend of He Tian only decrease his curiosity of figuring out who those voices belong too. He thinks that all of He Tian's friends are evil because if you're a friend of He Tian, then you're also an asshole is what he believes.

A little voice at the back of his mind informed him that he too, was a friend of He Tian but he shook off that bullshit nonsense. He didn't consider He Tian a friend, just an old "boss" he used to provide maid services for. A strict boss and employee relationship are what he keeps telling himself but then flashbacks of the times where He Tian helped out a few times causes him to doubt. He shook his head and tried his hardest to concentrate on his laptop. This is why he didn't want to be around He Tian. The guy confuses him sometimes.