Story Told

The next day was a special day, it was the day FP Jones was being released from prison. And it was Cleo's birthday, but she didn't like to talk about it much. Jughead woke up to an empty bed, he furrowed his brows when he heard humming from the living room. He got up and walked out to see Cleo dancing around the room and humming to herself. The place was clean, there were flowers in a vase on the kitchen table, and she was already dressed and ready for the day. Jughead furrowed his brows "What's all this?" he asked, Cleo spun around and smiled "It's a special day." she shrugged.

Jughead walked further into the living room and frowned when he saw a duffle bag on the couch "Is that your bag?" he asked. Cleo looked at it "Oh, uh, yeah. With FP coming home I figured it was time I go back to my own place." Jughead wrapped his arms around her waist "I'll just have to come stay at your place then." he smiled. Cleo chuckled "Go get dressed, we gotta meet Betty soon." she kissed him quickly before turning back to tidying up the place. Jughead shook his head with a smile.

-

Jughead and Cleo sat in the back seat, Betty's mom had insisted on driving them. "So, Cleo....you're a serpent too?" Mrs. Cooper asked. Betty shot her mom a look but Cleo just smiled "Well Junior Serpent, I haven't been properly initiated yet." she said, Jug and Betty gave her confused looks "Is it still the same?" Mrs. Cooper asked talking about the initiation process. Cleo nodded "Yeah, it's still the same." Jughead didn't know if she meant the process he went through or if there was something different, he couldn't imagine Cleo going through what he did though he knew she could handle it.

They parked out front of the prison and waited for FP to come out, Cleo was buzzing with excitement and Jughead wrung his hands nervously. "Open the gate!" A guard yelled, they looked to the front door to see FP walking out. Jughead was the first to hug him "Hey, Betty." he nodded to the blonde girl, he wasn't sure what had happened exactly, When he went in Betty and Jughead were together but now Cleo and Jug were. He was honestly surprised to see all three here. "Cleo." FP looked to the girl with authority. She stood straight and gave a sarcastic salute "Boss." she smirked.

"Is it true what they say about men who have just been released from prison, FP?" Jug's dad looked over to see Mrs. Cooper leaning on the car "Alice? What do they say?" he asked confused "That they're incredibly sexually frustrated." Cleo let out a loud laugh "Mom!" Betty yelled "Wow." Jughead chuckled. Mrs. Cooper just smriked and FP smiled at her as they all got in the car. Cleo noticed FP glance over his shoulder at the prison and Cleo swore she saw a figure in the window before it disappeared.

-

    They all went to Pop's diner for burgers, FP hadn't had proper food in months. "The Black Hood is targeting sinners, so, I'd watch my back if I were you, FP, especially once you re-join that gang of hoodlums." Mrs. Cooper said bluntly. "The Serpents aren't-" Cleo went to defend but she was cut off "I'm not going back to the Serpents, Alice. I thought a lot about this while I was in Shankshaw, and I'm done with Serpent life. It's gonna be one last ride for my boy and I." FP smiled at Jughead. Cleo's face fell "It's too much of a slippery slope for me." Fp turned back to his meal.

    "The Serpents need you." Cleo siad confused "Jughead needs you, Mr. Jones." Betty said at the same time "And what, pray tell, will you be doing with all of your extra time, FP?" Mrs. Cooper asked, the adults ignoring the kids. "Working, Warden Cooper." he said sarcastically "Saw a 'Help Wanted' sign in the window. Thought I'd talk to Pop about picking up some shifts." Mrs. Cooper picked up her coffee "Let's hope your plans don't come crashing down once you start drinking again." she sipped her coffee "Actually, I'm in AA. Started in jail and I don't plan on stopping." FP smiled and picked up his own coffee, taking a sip and raising a pinkie just to annoy Mrs. Cooper. Cleo smiled, maybe FP hadn't changed as much as she thought.