Hidden Truths

Meanwhile, the town was preparing to honor its founding father, General Augustus Pickens.

-

       "Well, he's very fetching for someone who was living on Skid Row." Veronica said looking at the picture of Betty's long lost brother. "Yeah, he's a hottie who looks incredibly familiar to me, by the way." Kevin said furrowing his brows "Your adventures in the woods?" Jughead asked form his spot in the chair, the other three on the couch in the student lounge. "I don't know, but maybe if we were allowed to meet this hottie in person..." Kevin raised his brows at Betty "Chic's still acclimating. And I'm trying to get him to trust me, but my mom is treating him like he's a ten-year-old and my dad's acting like he's the devil's spawn." Betty sighed.

"Well, I have an amazing idea. Bring The Omen to Pickens Day and we can all meet him. Everyone's coming, right?" Veronica asked, the town was throwing some sort of field day to try and put the ever boding threat of the black hood out fo mind. "No, because the Serpents weren't invited." Jughead said "The Serpents were specifically asked to come." Veronica told him "Yeah, to provide security." Jug scoffed "It's like we're all on the Snowpiercer train, but the Serpents happen to be the ones eating the cockroaches." Jughead glared at Veronica "You don't have to work if you don't want to." she sighed "The damage, as they say, has already been done." his eyes, however, were on Cleo who had just walked into the room.

    They all noticed the way his mood shifted "Hey, everyone." Cleo greeted, Jughead stood and grabbed her hand pulling her to his chest and cupped her cheek before pressing a long kiss to her lips. Cleo giggled as he pulled away, but just barely, his nose and lips still brushed against hers. "Hello to you too." she whispered. Jughead smiled and kissed her once more.

   The other four in the room sat awkwardly watching the scene before them, Betty quickly looked to the ground, she had never seen them act so affectionate towards each other and it stung. Kevin rose his brows in disbelief, Jughead was never one for public affection or to be center of attention but here he was snogging his girlfriend in the middle of the student lounge.

   Toni came in soon after and just chuckled at the two "Plans with Toni?" Betty asked clearing her throat. The couple broke apart with large smiles "Yeah I'm interviewing her grandfather for my oral history report. The oldest living Serpent." Jughead slung an arm over Cleo's shoulders.

     "Attention students. You must all know by now that the boy's locker room was flooded last night causing damage to costly equipment. We know the pipe was tampered with and we will find out who did it." Principal Weathersbee's voice came over the school speakers. "Sometimes pipe's just burst, it isn't anyone's fault. I swear Weathersbee is always looking for someone to blame." Cleo said, the other four all looked to her. "Locker room flooded and another house fire? I'm getting bad vibes. Maybe I'll stay home Pickens Day." Kevin gulped.

  "We better go." Cleo said to Jughead, he nodded "Talk to you guys later." he said to his Northside friends and the three serpents left. Betty was upset, not only because she witnessed the boy she still loved makeout with another girl, but because Jughead seemed to be hanging out with the serpents a lot more than the rest of them. She thought things would change once he came back to Riverdale, that everything would go back to the way it was before his dad went to jail. 

-

  "I can't believe you did that." Jughead said as they walked up to Toni's place "What? I didn't do anything." Cleo shrugged "At least nothing you can prove." she smirked. Jughead rolled his eyes.