B.D x Reader : Stay Gold Billyboy

Kid!Bill Denbrough x Punk!Kid Reader
Inspired by the book/movie the outsiders,
I'm not particularly proud of this one shot.

Warnings : None
Summary : (Y/N) (L/N), the leather studded jacket, tight black pants, ankle boot wearing, preteen aged punk that looked up to Ponyboy somehow managed to slip into the mind of William 'Bill' Denbrough on his way home, one again. So what happens when Bill - even if she's in the middle of being chased down by Henry and his goons. He falls harder inlove of course.
-
Listening to the birds chirping as the sun was high in the sky, Bill Denbrough was ridding on his bike home having given up moments ago trying to repeat the tongue twister his mother gave him to help with his stutter.
Gripping the bike handle bars he stood up continuing to peddle, turning down one of the many streets that would lead him to his house. Still listening to the birds, trying to remember what sound made what - according to Stanley Uris the birdwatcher at least.
He let his mind wonder, going back to when he first saw a certain girl, when he was walking in the hallway down to the lunch room one just to meet with the guys Eddie, Richie, and Stan.
On his way he saw the girl who seems to be taking most of the space in his mind, (Y/N).
(Y/N) (L/N) the girl who looks up to Ponyboy Curtis, is what most teachers would consider the problematic child, with all of her group of friends, right next to the Henry Bowers gang. Where as the Bowers Gang are thugs, and thieves, (Y/N)'s just consists of 'punk' children who smoke and drink under the legal age. Bill thought it odd how she was the one who his mind as been thinking about as of late.
His parent's always told him to never get into that kind of crowd, what kind of role model would his little brother Georgie think of him if he even did get involved with her little gang. He would also most likely lose his friendship with the friends he has now anyway if he decides to go rolling around with the punk kids who do nothing but listen to heavy metal and smoke all day dressed in their all angsty oven burning black fashion - at least that's what most people assumed they did, even himself.
Without realizing it, he had stopped in the now almost empty hallway starting at the group of children dressed in blacks, grays, and browns, a few wearing regular denim jeans. Snapping out of his daze, he realized he had made eye contact with (E/C) eyes.
The (H/C) haired girl dressed in her so called 'angsty oven burning black fashion' sent him a wink along with a smirk when she noticed he had finally came back to earth. Bill blushed when he realized what she had just sent him a wink. With his eyes wide, and mouth dropped open, he watched her turn back to her group of friends with a smirk still on her face as her (H/L) (H/C) moved with her, a little bit of it coming to cover one of her eyes.
The last thing he remembers about that certain moment was her laugh, for he had thrown her head back and irrupted with laughter, must have been something one of her friends had said.
And from them on Bill was smitten. He also now for some reason to notice her everywhere since that day. He spotted her everywhere, from the lunchroom, the hallway, outside the school, at the arcade, almost everywhere besides the quarry or barrens. But why did he like her was his question. She was definitely attractive and definitely into the Outsiders - one of his favorite books too and movies too - but they were just to different.
He's always wanted to talk to her, but he never got the chance, he was either always surrounded by his friends when she was alone, or she was surrounded by her friends when he was alone. If only the was some way he could just get her alone-
In a flash their was rustling, and a flash of black as something - more of someone- ran out from the side of someones house. Bill grabbed the break lever on his bike, listening to his bike tires screech, as he himself was skidding to a halt. He look his eyes as wide as saucers as he look at the human before him with their hands on their knees, panting. Only it wasn't just some random person who came tumbling out of someone's private backyard, it was (Y/N).
Once she caught her breath, she turned her head and made eye contact with the stuttering boy. She let out a huff and turned to look at him, green leaves sticking in her hair, and dirt covering her clothes. She squinted and stared at him with her eyes as she took off her leather jacket, wrapping it around her waist.
Felling uncomfortable with her staring at him, he spoke to her first, and for the first time. "H-H-Hi."
He silently cursed himself for stuttering, thinking it just already ruined his chances. Suddenly her eyes lit up as she recognized the boy in front of her. "Oh yeah, you're BB."
He was what? He stared at her in confusion, waiting for her to go on and explain more about this nickname of his that was apparently 'BB'. Suddenly, as if reading his mind she spoke one again. "Billyboy. It's what us quote, unquote, 'punks' call you. We see you around enough, so we just slapped a nickname on yeah, just shortened it to BillB." She laughed, and boy did Bill Swoon for that laugh.
He was about to speak again, until he heard shouting and screaming for her just coming on from the street over. "Hurry up! I know that bitch cut through one of these house! Now fucking find her!" He heard a voice screech at the top of their longs, and but the sound of it he could alone assume it was Henry and he was talking to his goons.
With a frown he turned his head to a beat down car that was speeding down the street, and stopped a little bit behind them, a head with greasy black hair that belong to a male was shoved out of the rolled down window, Bill remembered him as the one who made her laugh the first day he noticed her. "Hurry your ass up (Y/N)! Those goons are right on your tail!" He beeped the horn as he rest of her friends were rolling down the windows, egging her to get in the car so they can go.
"Sorry BillB, I gotta get going. He's a tip for you, don't key Blech's car when apparently their walking right towards it. See yeah around" She snickered, before winking at him again and sprinting off towards the car. Before she got there, she turned around cupping her hands around her mouth and shouting back at Bill who sat on his bike watching her go.
"Stay gold Ponyboy!" She smiled at him. Before Bill could lose his ultimate chance, he shouted back "N-Nothing gold can stay!" He shouted back, watching as her smiled got wider, and she turned back around and ran to the beat down car.