Scroll 14: Shards

There was a shift in the space-time continuum. Thais knew that Alibaba and the others were able to defeat most of the angelus in the real world. While stuck in the Sacred Palace, she tried to think of ways to save her husband. It seemed like Sinbad was already set on destroying the palace. Consequently, once the palace is gone, its inhabitants disappear as well.

'There is no time. If I want him to live, then there must be an equivalent to every sacrifices made.' Grim thoughts filled her head for she knew that time will never be on her side.

"Spirit of Truth and Secrecy, I ask thee and thine to come and engulf me with your power. Use my magoi and turn me into a great magus. Come forth with your household, Marbas!" Water filled her entire being before she let her halberd appear beside her. A tear appeared in the Sacred Palace, and magic was starting to disintegrate in the air. David noticed it and in panic, he demanded the three.

"The Sacred Palace is but a magic tool. It's something Ugo built using Solomon's magoi from Il Ilah. The switching around of the hierarchy of the gods that we did repeatedly is a great magic. What do you think will happen if the flow of magic starts to disrupt and be out of control?" Sinbad asked.

"It disappeared. The Sacred Palace will disappear soon." Thais replied. David turned to them and laughed bitterly. He thought that they were joking, but Thais' face said otherwise. If the Sacred Palace disappears, those who were inside will also vanish. Sinbad was ready. Despite the regret he had inside, he knew that maybe in the afterlife, he could compensate for it.

"You're obsessed with the role of Singularity that someone else assigned. Is that how you really think!? Is this what you really want to do!?" Sinbad asked. Thais looked at him with pity in her eyes. David might have been a victim of false belief. Every person in Alma Toran might have as well. They did not know who to believe that they created false idol. David could not take the look on her eyes. He clenched his fist before striking Thais.

"Ahhh!" Not anticipating the attack, Thais was thrown across the room, hitting a shelf. Sinbad reached out of her and asked if she was all right. Taking deep breaths, she struggled to stand up. David glared at them with disdain in his eyes.

"You did not like the pity in my eyes, but look at it this way, David. There is no one that has not have any relationship with others. Regardless, we have to keep thinking. What is it that we really want? We must watch closely and stay aware of our desires as they start shifting. Difficult and painful, but we have to. So, let me ask you this? Who are you? Why do you call yourself the Alma Toran's Singularity? Who appointed you? Tell us, David." He could not answer them. He, himself, could not remember who pushed him to be Alma Toran's Singularity. The tear continued to spread, and it also affected the rewriting of rukh. They noticed the shift in the real world as the towers built themselves up.

"I don't know about you two, but the truth of the world will flow backwards." David concluded. Thais knew it, but it was not like she was not ready for that. Her comrades were there to assist Alibaba and Aladdin. They will succeed. She just knew it. Right now, she will have to do her part and save Sinbad.

"David, you're not really here are you? You're with Aladdin at the deepest part of the Sacred Palace." Thais noted. David smirked. She was really the descendant of Demeus. Her knowledge was vast and exceptional.

"You're right. You know, he asked me the same thing. I guess I already know the answer from deep within." David smiled wistfully. It was then that Aladdin used Solomon's wisdom, and Sinbad was able to have contact with the outside world.

"In site of the emergence of the dungeons, the towers are piling up. There are a total of 25 of them and if they are not destroyed, the world will go back to the Flow. There is no time left, but there is another way. The metal vessels you wield now are actually the divine staves. If you are to use it, then you will be able to twist the dimensions. One proof of that is when I entered the Sacred Palace. You have to seal these towers. To do that, you must all connect your powers and transfer them to one Singularity, just like how I did with Selendine." Sinbad explained. Everyone was stunned with his plan. If that were to happen, then the other's existence would disappear and go back with the Flow.

"I-Isn't that too rash, Sin?" She asked. He told her that there was no other way but that. Clenching her teeth in frustration, she looked at Alibaba for any hope. Her magic was not yet ready. She would need more time.

'Just a little more. How many more minutes, Marbas, Seere?' She asked. Marbas told her that it will take less than half an hour to completely activate her magic. She nodded. Sinbad was still explaining about why they should die for the sake of the world. For Thais, there should not be a person who should die just for the sake of an unsure future. What she wanted was people who will secure a bright future. Alibaba did that. He refused Sinbad's offer to be the only king because he knew that he was not the best. Hakuryuu also told them that he could do what Alibaba could not. Judal even voiced his opinion. Akil walked in front.

"Papa, I think it would be better if we will not sacrifice people for an unsure future. What you think of increasing war can be prevented if right precautions are taken. Plus, I think Uncle Aladdin can explain more to us about this depravity. Uncle Hakuryuu once fell in depravity and yet, he is here with us, fighting along side his former enemies." The kid had a point. Sinbad could not be more proud of him. In the end, they all agreed that they will find another way to seal the towers. There will no longer be division between people. Nobody will have to feel like trash of the world anymore.

"Sin, despite their claims, Aladdin is already at its limit. Please contact Titus and Yunan. Let them help Solomon's child. I will have to do my part as well." Thais smiled. Before Sinbad could even comprehend her words, he was pulled to another room. It was found farther from the Sacred Palace, and it was protected by Thais' magic.

"They have used their final magic, and I was able to push Sinbad out of David's way. Now, it's my turn." She whispered. Thais stood in the middle of the Sacred Palace. Her body glowed, and the rukh around her changed color from bright yellow to cool blue.

"O, Land blessed by Solomon, countries conquered by metal vessels, I order thee to listen to hear thy voice. Right now, I will build pillars to which thy earth shall be chained. These pillars will be protected by my eternal rukh. Life shall be judged accordingly. Even if wars were to happen, it will be for the betterment of the world. Lastly, I pray for this world's happiness. Extreme magic: Taqmas Ruhia." She felt her magic engulf the different worlds. The arrangement was changed, and twin pillars were built in between the world Solomon created. It attached to the invisible wall surrounding their world. Finally, she was able to pull back important souls. This will be the atonement of their sins.

"It's sad that I will never be able to watch him grow. At least, Sinbad will be there to teach him and guide him. Akil, grow into a wise and strong man you've always wanted to be. You can now talk to Solomon like you've always dreamed of. Judal and Aladdin will also be there despite the former not liking you. For Sinbad, I only wish that you will now find the happiness you've been searching your whole life. There is no need for you to carry everything on your shoulder. These people are willing to be part of your ideal world. This time... this time, think outside the box and never isolate your thoughts from the others." Thais muttered as every part of her disintegrated into dust. Her soul would forever rest inside the pillars she built and would never awaken. It was her final sacrifice, her atonement for the sins she committed.

"Aladdin, Alibaba, I leave everything in your hands now. Make sure that this world will never fall. You are not bounded by destiny anymore. The era of Magi and metal vessel users have passed. Make me proud, you two." At last, the white haired Yrifian disappeared, leaving only an empty vessel.

"Thank you, Thais Demeus." A voice from afar echoed.

Light traversed from one world to another. Souls walked until they reached a wall. Once they were deemed as part of the world, they were pardoned from their sins and joined with their loved ones.

'Milady, in the next life, we will be pardoned and you will live to find your happiness once more.' Two voices whispered as they watched their queen close her eyes for eternity.

=END=