Epilogue

'Why is it so bright? I just slept for like a minute or two.' She grumbled as the light hit her face. Her blue eyes fluttered as she tried to make out her surroundings. Her spirit was in between two pillars. She could not remember much about these structures, but she knew that they were important. It had something to do with her spirit and the world below her.

'Why am I here?' She asked. A gentle voice answered her.

'The sins of Demeus as the catalyst of Alma Toran has finally been pardoned. You can now return to the world below. There are no chains to hold you down. Now go, he has been waiting for a long time.' She turned back to see two figures smiling at her gently. One was a man with short shaggy hair, few golden ornaments on his bare body and eyes on his palm. The other had blazing red eyes. His hair was blue but styled in an unkempt way. His body was adorned in jewelry and black feathers surrounded his body. They were both stunning to say the least. Alas, she could not remember who they were.

'I can't remember anything. I wonder if it was because I had been sleeping here for so long I couldn't count. May I ask who is this person waiting for me?' The two men glanced at each other before telling her that it was none other than Sinbad.

'Sin...bad. What a peculiar name. I still have a lot of questions but I guess I will not be able to get them from you. If this person is really waiting for me, then I must go. Thank you for telling me.' She grinned before jumping into the light. They both smiled at her retreating figure. It was the least they could do for their beloved queen.

'This era is like no other, Lady Thais, but we believe that you will finally find the happiness you've been looking for so long.'

Year XX18
Vale Lake

"Sin! Wait for me! I just finished my homework. Please let me rest for a little bit." A female voice shouted as she tried to catch up to her friend who was running towards the lake for a dip.

"Ehh!? But the water is at its perfect warm state. Come on, it will soothe you. Here, hop on." He crouched down and encouraged his friend to climb on his back. Having no other choice and because of her tiredness, she climbed on his back.

"Let's go! You will love the water at this time of the day, Thais. I'm pretty sure of it." He assured. Thais grinned at his words before succumbing to fatigue. When they reached the lake, Sinbad noticed that his friend had fallen asleep. It was nice to finally see her rest for a while. It was not good for a 10-year old to stress her self out.

Gently, Sinbad put her down and covered her with the blanket he brought with him. He brushed away the stray hair on her face and kissed her forehead.

"Go rest. I will take care of you."

"Sin...." He chuckled at her. Even in her sleep, she was still thinking of him.

'I finally have you in my arms. I will not let you go again.'

=END=