Chapter 11

''Stefan! Damon! Can you come down here for a moment?'' I called up the stairs to my brothers.

        I quickly heard footsteps coming down the hall. ''Emma? Is something wrong?'' Stefan came down the stairs with Damon close behind.

        "No, no. Nothing is the matter.'' I smiled brightly at them. ''It's just that we never get to have any time together and I know you both and father have some business in town tonight.'' I grabbed the kettle of tea that I had made and poured it into three cups. I grabbed two of them and handed them to my brothers. ''So I thought that we could have a little time to have some time together.''

        I sat on the couch in between them and sipped my tea. ''Well I think that is a great idea sister.'' Damon said wrapping his arm around me sipping his tea. I hid my sleek smile.

        We all sat in the living room for an hour. Talking. Laughing. Joking. Not once did they bring up Katherine and I liked it that way.

''Well as much fun as this is, I am sorry to say that I have some business to attend to before we head out with father tonight. Damon.'' Stefan nodded. ''Emma.'' He picked my hand up and kissed it before turning and walking swiftly up the stairs.

So it would be Stefan. Interesting.

''So Emma, what was this about?'' Damon asked once Stefan was out of the room.

I shrugged my shoulders. ''I guess I just missed my brothers.'' I smiled at him.

His arm tightened around my shoulders and sighed. ''You I will defiantly miss.'' He whispered so low I almost didn't hear him. I obviously was not supposed to so I acted as if I didn't hear.

Even if I didn't say anything, I still understood what he meant. I looked away from him but I could feel the tears burning behind my eyes. I quickly composed myself before he could see the sadness behind my eyes.

I knew that after tonight, he might hate me. He might never talk to me again. But I would take that over never seeing him again because of what he would have become if I had not helped. I would rather never talk to him again than never see him because at least then I would know he was safe. That goes for both of my brothers. They mattered more to me than anything else in the world. I would give my life for them and nothing would ever change that. Even if they hate me for what I have to do for them. I sat there and drank my tea that had Vervain in it.