2 - 66

Fun question: I'm an animal lover, are you?? If yes, cats or dogs? I love kittens

This is my newest kitten, she's a week old and I haven't thought of a name for her yet. Any suggestions??

~~~~

Rajveer

Why did Roshni inform me mom was calling me when in fact she wasn't. I went to her room to attend to her call and she told me she wasn't calling for me.

Strolling back to the spot I left Roshni, I met up with her absence. I looked around for her but she was no where in sight. Where could she have gone? Perhaps to her friends. I dialed her number, but it was switched off.

I knocked on the door of our room, before entering. Her friends were chattering away and Roshni was not present there either.

"Where is Roshni?" I inquired from no one in particular. The question was for any of them to reply.

"I thought I saw you two together just some moment ago," Payal said.

"Yeah, we were together, but she's suddenly nowhere to be found," I replied.

"Maybe she's with her parents," Vidhi reasoned.

"Maybe. I will go check for her there," I gave a small smile, before leaving for the guest room, where her parents were currently staying in.

On getting to the room, my in laws informed me they had not seen her since she left to keep her friends company. Where on earth is she?

I searched every nook and corners in the house, the balconies, garden, rooms, everywhere, but still didn't find her.

"Have you seen her?" Vidhi asked, as she, Payal and Isha walked towards where I was standing in the living room.

"I haven't," I answered, exhaustedly.

"Did she tell any of you she was going somewhere?" I asked them, because she didn't exactly tell me where she was going.

"No," they all answered in sync.

"Should we call the police?" Vidhi asked. Police? There was absolutely no need to call them. She's around somewhere.

"Call your boyfriend, Manish," Payal said. Her question was directed to Isha.

"Alright," Isha nodded her head and dialed his number on her phone. She excused herself and went to the far corner of the room to speak to him. I wondered why she did that though.

She walked back to us after about fifteen minutes of speaking to him over the phone.

"What did he say?" I asked, curiously.

"He said we can't go to the police yet, until after 24 hours of her missing," she said.

"24 hours??" Payal uttered in a high pitch piercing voice. Her expression contorted in surprise.

"Yes, 24 hours-" Isha enunciated each word. "- that was what he said."

"I'm sure she's not very far, she will be back soon," Vidhi smiled nervously. Anyone could tell she was not sure of what she was saying herself.

"Alright. Thanks," I appreciated their effort in helping me know about my wife - their friend's whereabout. 

Just then, My parents as well as Roshni's walked towards us, giving us a suspicious look.

"What's happening here?" Mom asked, raising her brow questionably. "- why are you all gathered here and looking bothered. Is something wrong?"

"Roshni has been missing for the last two hours," Payal answered.

I placed a hand on my forehead. She wasn't supposed to tell yet. I had not known them for very long, but long enough to tell Payal was the loudest amongst them.

"What! Missing?" My mother in law asked, eyes almost bulging out of their sockets at how wide she opened them.

"What do you mean she's missing?" Mom inquired, no nonsensically.

Dad and Roshni's dad didn't utter a single word, they just stood there anticipating an answer from any of us, me especially.

"We were supposed to leave for somewhere together, but she suddenly disappeared on me," I gave them the answer they were all anticipating. Their faces, especially the women contorted in worry.

"Have you tried calling her on the phone?" Dad - my father in law spoke now.

"I have, but it's out of range," I answered.

"My baby! Where could she have gone to without informing any one?" Mother in law spoke. "- I have a bad feeling about this." She began to tear up.

"Don't talk like that mum, Roshni is safe, she just went our for a while and will be back very soon," I said, more to convince myself. I was also having a bad feeling about he absence, but I didn't allow anyone to sense it. I had to remove all traces of negativity from my mind, only then will positive things happen. She has to stay safe, for me and for our baby.

"Call the police, Raj," mom said in her normal commanding voice.

"We can't file a missing complaint until after 24 hours of her missing and it isn't up to yet," Isha answered before I could.

"She will be back soon everyone, let's go back to what we all were doing," I dismissed, but in a very polite manner.

My mind and heart still wasn't at peace. Roshni was not the type of person to leave the house without informing anyone. She had never done that before. Something was wrong - I felt it deep within my heart. I couldn't bear sitting down and doing nothing, but waiting for the police while my sunshine was out somewhere alone and probably in danger.

I dashed out of the house in search for my wife. I will not return back home without her. It was a vow.

Walking along the now lonely road in search for my wife, the cloud darkened and droplets of rain started cascading down. Roshni was out there, somewhere - I had to find her at any cost. I started searching more thoroughly and to my dismay, I found a purse with so much resemblance to Roshni's lying on the wet floor. Beside it was her left shoe also. It was hers - I was positive.

My breath shortened, hands began to tremble slightly, vision blurring, heart thumping painfully and shivers running down my spine as the realization of what happened to Roshni dawned on me. It hit me like a speeding truck. Roshni has been kidnapped.