5 - 69

Fun question: your best scene in this entire book so far (EOL1 and EOL2)?

~~~~

Rajveer

It had been days since Roshni had gone missing. I searched for her everywhere, but my efforts were futile. I couldn't find even a single clue as to where she had been taken. I didn't know what condition she was in. I didn't know if she was well fed there, if she was sleeping properly or even bathing. Of course she wasn't doing any of those, she was not there for vacation, she was kidnapped and that was the reality. She must be very miserable wherever she is, waiting for me to safe her and here I was clueless. Her parents and friends were also very worried about her and never failed to visit the house each day for new updates about her whereabout. Isha's boyfriend gave me his word that he would do everything in his power to save my wife, but up till date, no improvements yet. I couldn't rely on him anymore, his best was not enough. I needed to find my wife and quick. She's pregnant for God's sake!

My anger and frustration were fully unleashed now. I couldn't keep them at bay anymore. The thought of not being able to tackle her kidnappers was killing me. I will kill whoever is involved in this. I will make them pay for each and every single tears of hers. Didn't they at least consider the fact she's pregnant? Oh no! I hope they are both alright.

The pain of not being able to do anything, but search hopefully everyday was slowly eating me up. What kind of a husband was I? I was miserable for only depending on the police officers to find her, but what could I do? I searched every nook and corner of the city myself to find her whereabout, but it was all in vain, I found no clues, but I promised myself to never stop until I had in my arms again and deal with her abductors.

I was in my room drowning in frustration when I heard my cellphone vibrating and ringing on the nightstand. I didn't want any disturbance, so I rejected the call, but the called didn't give up and called again immediately I kept the phone back on the nightstand. This time around, I picked the phone up and received for an inexplicable feeling. I heaved a sigh and waited for the unknown caller to speak up, but when he didn't, I did. Who knows maybe he had a clue about where my wife could be.

"Who's—"

"Raj it's me," came the angelic voice of my wife, my sunshine. The voice I longed to hear over and over again. The voice I missed for the past few days. Hearing her voice once more made me realize just how much I missed her immensely. I could never be mistaken by the voice. It was definitely my wife's.

"Are you there? It's me Roshni," she said. She didn't have to though. I could recognize her voice among millions.

I couldn't believe I was finally talking to her after she was kidnapped and asked her if she was alright, where they took her, If our baby was fine, but she didn't know where they took her. She just pleaded with me to save her soon and I promised her I would and that she shouldn't worry.