Chapter Two

Owen POV

Alright. Today will be the day. Hopefully, everything goes according to plan I will be able to get their full-on attention.

Maybe, just maybe, not look like a fool chasing his tail... again.

Last time I could have sworn they were laughing at me. I could hear it in their raptor voices the laughter and mocking that was aimed at me. I don't even want to explain what happened. The memory is almost too unbearable. Mostly because of the humiliation.

I had the bucket of rats prepared the smell melted my nose. I started breathing through my mouth to try and stop the smell from reaching me, but even the smell had a taste. It was sickening. I couldn't tell which was worse.

"You hate the smell of those dead rats so much, and yet you bring them every time without fail Owen," Barry said mockingly. I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"Yeah I would have stopped a long time ago, but it was a little too late to turn back and get them addicted to a better smelling meat." I retorted back. He only laughed and patted my back. The smell had actually gotten better over the years. At first, I couldn't get the smell away from me, now I only smell it when it is right in front of me. Like it is now.

I reached the edge where there was a decent sized clearing for all 5 raptors to fit in. I hope Vee doesn't hide today. No one has actually seen her recently. The cameras only show us so much, and there is this one small area where the cameras don't reach, either the number of vegetation blocks it or they just don't reach that one point.

Last time she was there but just kept in the shadows, hence the first part that ruined the show, well not ruined it, but made it look like I didn't have as much control as the people would have wanted.

Barry was prepared next to me, he nodded his head signaling for me to start. Taking a deep breath and let out a loud whistle.

I waited for a second listening to hear any movement in the bushes and trees. When I didn't hear any, I called again. This time, I was met with a response. I smiled to myself as Blue emerge followed by Vee, but that was it.

Vee looked up and around, never actually looking at me, and then Blue's attention was all on me.

"Good, good," I said softly as I raised the clicker as a way of praise. Blue let out a few more calls, probably calling the rest of the pack.

Almost instantly the others came bounding through the forest.

"Ho! Eyes up!" I called all, except Vee, looked at me and did as they were commanded.

"Good good!" I said again a little louder.

"Delta!" Her head and attention snapped more to me as I threw a rat at her. Her jaws instantly snatched it as she swallowed the dead animal whole.

"Echo! Charlie!" I called each and each did the same things as they received their rat.

"Blue." I held the biggest rat in the bin. "This one is for you." I tossed it, his mouth closed around it eating it whole. And the last one was Vee.

"Vee," I called, she lifted her head and searched for me. I couldn't really throw it at her, she couldn't see it. So I was going to toss it next to her and hoped she smelt it. But My aim was either too good or way off. I wanted to throw away from her, at least enough so she could get it, but instead, it smacked her right in the nose making her growl and bring her nose to the ground using her claws to scratch the area she was hit.

Vee's POV

"AH!" I yelped as a sudden force hit my face. I took a couple steps back as I tried rubbing my face. 

Blue became closer to me than before as his snout was pressed against my neck. I looked around smelling the air, the scent of a rat was now on my nose. I was about to eat it, but then someone else grabbed it before I could. 

"Hey!" I growled annoyed at whoever took what was supposed to be mine. 

"What I saw it first so it was mine." Charlie growled back, "But that makes everything mine because you can't even see." His threats didn't phase me anymore, but normally if something like this starts, it ends with me getting a new wound. But this was the last straw I was done with him always taking away my happiness. 

"What is your problem?" I growled lowly. "You have no right to be treating me like this!" 

"Oh I think I do, I am above you, and you are below me. You can't have what I have or else we would be equal, and that just isn't how all this works." He snapped in a snarky tone. 

"Really and why not? What makes you think that you have all the power?" I asked straightening my back. 

"Enough." Blue's dominant voice rang, but I ignored it, and so did Charlie. 

"Because you can't even see! What makes you think you can fight, or even help this pack when you can't even handle yourself in a verbal argument. You can't seven see me look at me!" He was right. And I already knew all of this. 

"I could beat you in a fight. Right here, right now." I challenged. My adrenaline was already pumping through my body, I could feel all of my senses heighten. 

"Vee, don't. Stop right now." Blue said standing closer to me, but not in front. He may be the one in charge, but he couldn't stop a challenging fight for titles and power, then again Charlie had none, but I did. At least that is what Charlie was implying. If I could beat him in this fight, I would be higher than him, making him the lowest of the pack. 

"Fine, this should be easy." He retorted. I snorted standing in a fighting pose. I felt the ground shift a little, letting me know he did the same. 

All other sounds and thoughts had left my body as i prepared for my first real fight. Sure I have faught before, but I was more or less attacked, this was going to be a full on fight for power, and probably to the death. 

I hope you like this chapter, the next one coming soon.